Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! More Heater Core Help!

I tell my wife it's better for me to be working on the car than hanging out at bars and chasing women!;)

Okay you bums...listen up.

Here I am on a temporary disability from work...struggling to type on the keyboard and make it about my daily activities....AND...with the help of a young willing assistant, got the heater core replaced in my 85 Vette yesterday!!!!!!!

He has a 1995 trans am. He had a hard start problem and ended up hot wiring his own car...but it quit running. He towed it over to the house. I stood over his shoulder (no pun intended) and diagnosed his problem. We then ordered new parts and made one trip to the junkyard.

We got very lucky. Turns out his ignition switch had a level three total melt down. After a new one, and a new harness pig tail...his car was running again.

He asked..."What can I do to repay you...." Well....good thing he asked!

We moved the 406 cube 81 project vette out of the way, and backed Frankenvette in the shop.

I reviewed the GM service manual, then together we yanked it open. I handed him the tools and info...he pulled it open.

All I have left to do is slide the upper dash pad back on. This was not a required part of the job, but it did help allow more light and room to work, and I would suggest you pull yours. Be very careful not to crack it (84-89 guys).

The car needs one new hose, fresh coolant...and the repair is complete.

NOW....get off your butts with your two healthy arms and get yours done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom