Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help, need birdcage piece

Twin_Turbo

Corvette
1982 Twin Turbocharged Red/Black
Maybe someone here has a parts car and is willing to cut out these sections for me:

cagerepair1.jpg

The piece missing here is basically the part from the body mount to the rail, including the agled piece that welds to the A-pillar.

It's this (this is the other side obviously ;) )

cagerepair5.jpg

I also need the pass side upper corner of the windshield frame.

HELP HELP HELP,

I need these parts BAD, it's holding back my progress (for some while now). I had a few leads & people saying they coul cut it out for me but nothing sofar. :(

Marck

Marck,

Is the peice your looking for the one in the last picture, sorta hanging there. Right above the orange wire on the ground?

Rick

Yeah, it's the piece missing from the bottom picture, it's basically a piece of the sill with the a frame mounting pieces that angle up in the front, rear and go over the lower hinge mounting holes.

The other piece is the pass side upper windshield frame, from the T-bar to just around the corner where the factory weld is

Marck

I've got that piece for both sides, bought them new from a place out of California.

You can get all the stuff you need from them including the windsheild piece or we can work something out for the stuff I have.
I believe you can also get the winsheild piece from most of the venders. i.e. Eklers, Mid America, ect.

The name of the place is something like Calidonia, I honestly can't remember.

Why don't you start another thread asking about the place in California that makes just frame parts

Thanks for the tip :D :) You got the piece? For sale or for yourself (please let it be for sale :D )

Marck

Marck,

I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner, I didn't get an e-mail from the site telling me you had responded.

I do have these pieces and if I can figure out a price they are for sale.

I only have the 2 lower pieces, brand new. I really don't want to cut my parts car apart for the other piece you need.

Rick

Marck,

I can't find anyone that sells this piece new anymore also can't find my receipt. I got this piece about 8 years ago.

Tell me what it's worth to you.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you only want the passengerside, right?

btw, I've never done any shipping to the Netherlands so shipping will be an extra cost.

As Ken once said post your offer here in front of god and everyone.

Rick

Rick,
Sorry, I totally forgot about this post.

I already bought some from another guys (from a wrecked car) but if that doesn't come through for some reason I will contact you.

Thanks a lot for the effort.

Marck

Marck,

If that doesn't work out,
I will trade you for one of those goats...

RS

Heheheheh :D Know wha'you are asking for, they stink ;)

Rick,

That's only 1/2 the part. It's only the support for the A-pillar.

The part i need includes the rocker rail too with the bodymount hole in it :(

Marck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom