Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

help- need to buy accurate tire gage

jimbo64

Corvette
1964 RED CONVERTIBLE
Help -just put four new tires on and checked pressure with five different cheapo pencil type gages and got 5 different readings with as much as 15# varience. Need a good, new tire gage that is reliable. Have three road vehicles here and at this point i'm not sure what any of their tires have in them. Have any of you gone digital and have any of you benchmarked the gage you have to determine it's accuracy. We have autozone and a couple others here in town but not pepboy. Tell me what to buy that is accurate and consistent.
thanks--------Jimbo:confused

I looked into this about a year ago and the consensus was the digital gages were pretty good. I bought an "Accutire" brand name which also rated high. What I don't like about the digital gages are lack of a bleed off valve and the fact you have to keep resetting before taking a new reading. But they seem pretty accurate. Much more so than the pencil gages which I never did trust.

Jeff, thanks for the response-------will go shopping today to see whats out there. again thanks. JImbo

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom