Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help picking customized plate!

Aurora40

Corvette
1990 red on red ZR-1
So far these are all taken already in Virginia:
"7200RPM"
"LOTUS V8"
"DOHC V8"
"1990 ZR1"
this wasn't allowed: "PHKN-A"

I'd rather one that's sort of subtle, not an in-your-face type plate. I kind of like this one, but I don't really like having "ZR1" in the plate since it's on the badge on the back. That always seemed kind of odd to me:

attachment.php

Hi Aurora40, There is a member here, CA. I believe, with a ZR-1 & I thought his plate was very interesting. I was considering copying it if I got Vanity plates for my Z. The plate says "HA HA BYE". That kind of says it all if you own a ZR-1. Just a thougth, Tom.

Vanity Plate Bob, you've got mail. Thanks! I have read previous posts but thought I'd start a new thread vs ressurecting one. :)

Tom, I wanted something a bit more Corvette-focused and something a little less arrogant. That does say it all for a ZR-1, but it's not really my style. For one, I don't want something that results in every kid next to me revving his engine at me. Something a bit more stealthy and maybe that only Corvette people would appreciate. :w

I like "KOTH."
Short, sweet, and to the point.

-John

*89x2* said:
WIDEAZZ

:confused

LOL!! That's a great one! I kind of doubt VA would allow it, though.

Another possible
"17X11S"
"XOTC VET" or "XOTC VTT"
"32V LT5" played off of Chris's 4CAM 32V suggestion
"24H 175" which is maybe too obscure

I kinda like the KOTH or LT5 KOTH too... It has the subtleness I like, only people in the know will get it.

The 3 and 3 character ones are good because they'd go well on an NRA plate. :)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< I like mine!!

REAL SLO
WASHD UP
LT5
MY LT5
MY ZR1
KOTH ZR1
KING ZR1
MY DREAM

I asked for MY ZR1 8U and I was told that I couldn't have it because it was "too aggressive" and it "sends the wrong message" ;LOL

Heheh, Ken, that was the license plate on a lot of the illustrations of the California Corvette, that cherry black swoopy car that GM did around 1990 or so as a design study. They always had surfer dudes and bikini chicks around the car, and the license plate would be something like "PHUKN-A".

I've been going back and forth between things that only a 'vette lover would know, like "KOTH" or codes like "LT5", and I think I'd like the plate to not be all in-your-face, but not be so obscure either. Something that will maybe make some kid realize it's not a regular Corvette and go do a web search or something. Something that might enlighten a few people who see it.

So, in that vein I think a derivitive of one of Chris's suggestions might be cool. Something like "RUNS 180" or "GOES 180". For some reason I don't like the mix of letters/numbers in "RUN2". Thanks for all the suggestions.

How about Kinfast?:D

1FUNZR1? I am thinking about getting one, but I have hesitated because I don't know how much a pain in the *&s they are.

Well, as a followup, I got "32V LT5" for now. A lot of the speed-related ones were not allowed by VA, and a lot of others were taken. It's cheap in VA to get them, so I can always change it out when my registration is up again.

DCP_0965.jpg
60 in 4

Aurora40 said:
this wasn't allowed: "PHKN-A"
I'd imagine that they wouldn't allow this either?
"PHKNFST"

Some others:
"PHATBCK" - instead of wideazz
"REDCNDY"
"SMOKEN"
"FSTKOTH"
"6-SHFTR" - gun-slinger?
"BRNRBBR" - burn rubber
"FSTENUF"
"XLR8" - or "XLR8N", "XLR8R"
"GROWLR"
"DONTBLNK"
"BLKTRX"
"NE14ARUN"
"CANOFWA" - can of WA (whoopass)

tomtom72 said:
Hi Aurora40, There is a member here, CA. I believe, with a ZR-1 & I thought his plate was very interesting. I was considering copying it if I got Vanity plates for my Z. The plate says "HA HA BYE". That kind of says it all if you own a ZR-1. Just a thougth, Tom.
Hello thanks for compliment

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom