Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 Help Pricing an LT4 for sale.

1996 LT4 Topic

MikeS

New member would like some help.

I currently have an LT4 that I am interested in selling and would like to get some advice on the best places to list the car for sale. The car is Black/Black and has only 8K miles. Because of the mileage I assume I will need to list it with people that know about these cars. Would thinking that this car should be priced at retail or close to it be out of line?
Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Mike Schaefer

what do you mean by 'retail' are you talking about new retail? You won't get near that. If the car is perfect, with 8k miles, my guess is you may be able to pull $25-30k for it.

Sorry Vettelt, I ment used retail that a dealer would ask for the car. NADA or some other pricing?

Thanks,
Mike

i don't think you'll get anywhere near used retail for it unless they don't know what a corvette is going for now. i'm thinking closer to 20k.

i've seen ZR-1's as low as 20k and some with only 16k in miles!

sounds like you got a sweet car and the black on black should bring a few k more IMO.

good luck!

If you'd like to see what the top of the line used Vettes are listed for and then make your decision, check out www.rogerscorvettecenter.com. Go to the showroom and see what he lists used LT4's for. That will probably give you an 'upper' end to your price.

Rogers cars are top notch, and so are his prices. You probably won't be able to get his prices, but you can get within 10% if your car is really nice.

If it's perfect & you find the "right" buyer - that's the one who really wants YOUR car, 22-25k for a private sale. Remember you are offering no warranty/no recourse. As is, where is.

I paid 18 for mine 2 mos ago w/ 48k miles & it's good to very good cond.

Soft mkt for sellers right now.

No expert here, but I would think it would have a lot to do with where the car is being sold. I'm in Dallas area and just paid $20,900 for my '96 LT4...it's loaded with almost all options and is in near perfect condtion no paint chips and no wear on the interior...and has 48k on it. I felt at the time that I was paying aboyt $2k more then I should have..but there were at least 6 other people in line for it and it was exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't take a chance of not finding another like it. So I bought it!

So I would say it's worth what someone is willing to pay....if they want it bad enough!

$20,000 to $25,000 I would say.

I agree with Reno Rob. Your car isn't a daily driven car, and I am guessing it is perfect or close to it. This means the standards for car pricing, (blue book, black book, whatever) don't mean a thing.

I know that Black/Black LT4 is a desirable combo... good luck on the sale!

Reno Rob said:
Try marketing your car nationally. Check out the following for comparables.
www.corvetteclassifieds.com
www. Autotraders.com
www.ebay.com
I think that you will find the value to be
$25,000 to $28,000. Forget about the blue book. Good Luck!!!!!

I agree, assuming your car is loaded (electronic a/c, both seats are power, z51, etc.) ~$27k. Also try posting it in the Corvetteforum.com website, in the C4 for sale section. Good luck.

I hate to be a spoil sport, but decent ZR1's are going under 27-28K.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it could take months to find the person who will pay that much.

Having said that, I hope you get it! Since I've got one I want the value to hold up!

See Ya!

I know you can find a nice ZR1 for 25-30k but not everyone wants a ZR1. If it is pristine, I would say 25k. Good Luck, Guy

I just spend 6 months looking for a low mileage '96 CE LT4 which I found. I learned a lot of things about buying a corvette during this period: 1) We are in a buyers market. Selling prices are considerably less than you will see in these "value" books and web sites (NADA, Kelly's, etc). Discretionary money, which usually buys a vettte, is being held or is not available. There are great deals out there if you want to look. If you are a seller you have got to find the right buyer and 2) Mileage is the number one factor effecting price. You’ve got a gem with that low mileage, you just have to find the right buyer. You may have to wait a while but flood the Internet with ads.

Gook Luck

price

I bought a black/black LT4 in perfect condition a couple months ago and paid less than 14. I'm hooked on the Lt4 and love the black/black. Save it for a few months, maybe I can manage a way to add it to my collection.

Hi everyone,
I've been reading the posts on this thread and I would say that if you are not selling your car because you desperately need the money, then sell it for what you think it's worth. If it's a buyer's market now, well it will eventually be a seller's market and with an ultra low milage Vette like yours, it would be worth the wait.

Just some thoughts. Basically, if you are not in a hurry to sell, then be picky, you can afford it!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom