Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELP! Running very rough

jnj

Corvette
2006 Machine Silver Coupe
Guys,
Last night, all of a sudden she started making a noise like a broken valve or something internal. Idled very rough and sounded like a cylinder was missing. Limped the next 5 miles home with the check engine light blinking. This morning I pulled the following codes:
B2283
B2284
B2285
P0300
P0410
P1570
U1000
U1040
U1064
U1096

How serious is this??
Thanks~

Clear all the codes and see what comes back. PO300 sounds like your issue now, misfire #3 cylinder I believe. A misfire that is active long enough will cause the CEL to blink off and on since a misfiring cylinder can/will damage the catalytic converter. Check all the basics: coil, high tension lead, spark plug, and compression/cylinder leak down if needed. A damaged harness on the backside of the cylinder head can cause a coil not to fire, so don't overlook this area also. Good luck with it. :)

Yeah...clear codes and road test. If the service lights come on again, post the codes.

Also, if the service engine light not only comes on but starts to blink when the engine is running don't run the engine too long with the light blinking.

Were you leaning on it?

Were you running it hard? If not I'll bet it is a Coil on plug. You basically lost a cylinder when this happens. Just pull the plugs look at them. If any look black or wet you know that is the one.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom