Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help Tracking Trouble Codes

JAKE

Corvette
1996 388 LT1
My son and his 96 LT1 are at Ft Hood near Killeen, TX, for his summer training and I'm outside of Dallas, so we're not close to each other. Anyway, his 96 LT1 Vette just threw a Service Engine Soon light and in pulling the codes he came up with C71, C72, H71 and H72.

I've been trying to translate those but have been unsuccessful. I looked on this Forum and even did a Google search but have come up empty for the 96 maybe because it's OBD II.

Can someone please point me in the right direction or tell me what they mean.

Thanks,

Jake

West Point ROCKS!

My son and his 96 LT1 are at Ft Hood near Killeen, TX, for his summer training and I'm outside of Dallas, so we're not close to each other. Anyway, his 96 LT1 Vette just threw a Service Engine Soon light and in pulling the codes he came up with C71, C72, H71 and H72.

I've been trying to translate those but have been unsuccessful. I looked on this Forum and even did a Google search but have come up empty for the 96 maybe because it's OBD II.

Can someone please point me in the right direction or tell me what they mean.

Thanks,

Jake

West Point ROCKS!

Here... Get a pencil and paper clip.

94_96_code_display.JPG

code 71 LCD dimming output circuit (circuit shorted to battery voltage or CCM internal open)

72--LCD dimming output circuit (open or shorted to ground)

From reading the charts.... sounds like the circuit for the dash lights--radio lights--Ac/heater etc. Pretty long diag charts for both codes. The good news is it it should be driveable until he can get to a FSM and a VOM.

That's what he did and came up with C71, C72, H71 and H72. My problem is I'm finding conflicting explanations as to what they mean.

Jake

West Point ROCKS!

You must write down the module under which the codes come up. It's on the link how it works. I would cut and paste it here, but it's says the same thing here if I cut and paste.

Are you seeing the section at the bottom of the link? Is the link working for you?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom