Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help w/ value of this 69 vert

Looks like a nice '69. Can't speculate on the value since the bidding is continuing. I'm curious why the VIN and a pic of the block pad are not included in the listing.
:)

At the current bid price of $60,000 that car is no longer a bargain. Without inspecting the car to verify that it is actually what is claimed I wouldn't go near it. It sounds like the seller is trying to push it as a survivor and as such I think it is overpriced. If it were original and expertly restored it would be worth the money.

What do you do with a car like that? As a survivor if you drive it you destroy its value. At $60K you are in very deep and will not be able to sell it quickly and make a profit. At $60K a restoration would put you so far upside down you could never get out of it.

The only thing I think you could do is store it for the next 10 years and then hope the value would go up significantly. I could think of many things that would make you more on a $60K investment than that car. Tell me if you think I am wrong but I can't see that car as a viable purchase.

Tony,
If it truly is a time capsule car,I think it has potential of increased value in 10 years like you said. Look at low mile, unrestored C2s that are as clean as that 69 and you could be talking $150-175K.
Will history repeat itself w/ the steel bumper cars..I'm thinking it probobly will.
Guess I'll keep looking for another thats not as clean and NOM BB. Let someone else pay top dollar,and then never drive the car in fear it will not appreciate as fast.
I think your thoughts on the 69 is rite on and I totally agree,
Thanks for your responce.. Jim

too rich for my blood.:ugh 60,000 and still not at the reserve, looks like a museum car its almost too good to be true; Stick with a driver quality car and you can enjoy it more. ;)

Craig,
Me too.. I'm always looking for a good investment,but not a museum car. My 67 and the Z06 dont get out much,and if I do find a 69,probobly wont drive it much either. Just really love these cars.
Does anyone out there have one from each series ?? I'd like to see a picture of that.
If my wife gave me the Green light, I would..

Sweet....Nice shot Craig..maybe you should move this picture to HEAVENS thread on photography in the C2 section.
Was this taken out at your place ?

They were taken at the first Cruise-fest at the Auburn Inn 2004, the C6 was a pre-production test car that GM let Dwayne (6shooter) bring up for a day. I took the ground shot, then my battery's went dead :eyerole the overhead was taken by someone else and has been floating around the site ever since.

Whats the little yellow needle on the speedometer?
happy holidays
zachh

zachh,
Its a speed warning option..lets you know when you've reached 125mph..happy holidays..

zachh,
Its a speed warning option..lets you know when you've reached 125mph..happy holidays..

;) in a C3 you know it before you hit 100.
thats something we need on the C5's :L
you are doing 100 before you know it.

How do you like the ZO6 Jim? My C5 is closing in on 105,000 miles Still driving it daily.

Craig,
Its an awsome car.. thank God for active handling..When You and I went to Herbs for the body off his 60,thats the first time I'd been in a vette since I sold my 74 back in early 80s. This car is like the day it was new,no snow,no rain, i only put 500 miles this summer(now up to 2300 miles)
Looks really cool stacked on top of the 67 on the backyard buddy. But now I've got this itch for a 68/69 BB vert, those coupes get really hot in the summer sun.
After driving the Z06 hard,I cant imagine how the C6 Zs perform.
Happy Holidays to you and the family..

Jim

Merry Christmas to you also, The fun is in driving them. I bought my 68 vert as a project with plans to start pulling it apart this winter but after driving it I realized how much I missed driving with the top down. So I have changed plans and now plan to fix up the small stuff first and drive it for a few years. I have been driving it daytime when its nice (the windshield wipers don't work) and we even took it to the grocery store Wednesday. It will never be a show car or especially valuable (300 hp all manual 4 speed) but something I can drive often.
Good luck in your big block search.
Craig sr.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom