Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

help! Wipers not working after replacing washer pump on a '72

N

ntgarwood

The washer pump on my '72 broke and I replaced it, the copper coil part unraveled. Now my wipers aren't working!! After an hour of racking my brain on it, I found out the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse but it didn't help. However, that raised concern of where the problem might be. I opened the wiper door with the override switch so the vacuum system is ok. Could it be the relay? The wiper motor? Or any reason because of the new washer pump? I didn't remove any wires from the wiper motor and it worked perfectly before my washer pump broke. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Fixed!

Found the problem! That was easy :) haha, not really but it could've been alot worse. I put a new fuse in, no luck. Replaced the relay and the wipers kicked right on!! If anybody is having this problem and you need a relay, you don't have to spend $20 + shipping from a few of the vette sites. This also seems pretty hard to find on some of the sites. I found that it's the same relay that a 77-79 vette use as a a/c cutout relay and my napa down the road had the relay for me in 1 hour and only cost me $13. I'm sad to see my 40 year old delco-remy have to be taken out. I hope this next relay lasts 40 years! :rotfl

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom