Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help with color identification?

Voodoo81

Corvette
1981 ZZ383, Weiand 177, steeroids, Van Steel rear
Getting the car painted, and I rally like this color combination. Found it on google, and it's not from a forum. Any thoughts on what the colors are? The shop says they can match it, but I'd love some input. Is the darker color Steel City Grey? Any other thoughts?

Corvette 2 tone.jpg

Thanks
John

p.s. sorry for small image, for some reason it uploads a smaller version than I have. If you want to look at a larger version google "c3 corvette paint jobs" and scroll down a quarter of the way. Any help would be appreciated.

Go to TCP Global and look through their color library and it will give you an idea what the color shades were like for the C3 Corvettes. Color shown on a computer screen will not be an exact match but the difference in them may help. My '72 was steel city gray and I believe the one you show is close.

Getting the car painted, and I rally like this color combination. Found it on google, and it's not from a forum. Any thoughts on what the colors are? The shop says they can match it, but I'd love some input. Is the darker color Steel City Grey? Any other thoughts?

View attachment 14630

Thanks
John

p.s. sorry for small image, for some reason it uploads a smaller version than I have. If you want to look at a larger version google "c3 corvette paint jobs" and scroll down a quarter of the way. Any help would be appreciated.

Could be a C5 color, Medium Spiral Grey Metallic, with Blade Silver... That could be a VERY interesting combination with all of the MSG sparkle...

Looks like a light olive green and silver. Beautiful car!

That car is beautiful......those colors and they way they are laid out really work......Nice!

Steel Cities gray and Nevada Silver maybe?
What a beautiful combo that is!

Could be a C5 color, Medium Spiral Grey Metallic, with Blade Silver... That could be a VERY interesting combination with all of the MSG sparkle...

My '72 is Steel Cities Grey and at times it looks like it has some green in it, depending on the lighting.

Finishedpics014.jpg

It looks a bit like Spiral Gray from the C5's

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom