Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Here is my Garage

matchframe

Corvette
1978 Resto-Rod
I built my garage in 2002 so I would have space to work on my car projects. At the time the only project I had was my '78 Vette. After the garage was built I painted the floor back and white squares. Since it was going to be a working garage, I use two part epoxy.

Here is what the garage looked like before painting the floor:

garage.jpg

After painting the floor white and letting it cure for two weeks, I taped off for the black 2 foot by 2 foot squares.

garage2.jpg

garage3.jpg

Here I am pulling up the masking after painting the black epoxy:

garage5.jpg

After letting the black epoxy cure for two weeks, I started moving into the garage beginning with driving the Vette in:

garage7.jpg

After ten years and lots of abuse, the floor still looks pretty good. My projects however stalled out due to lost job and trying to recover financially at the same time supporting two kids in college.

GarageFloor3.jpg

the only thing I would have done different is I wished I had added a couple of coats of clear epoxy. The floor has battle scars which the clear coat would have helped to protect.

Nice digs! :thumb I know how those things can pile up (job, kids, education). Still looks like you've done pretty well. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom