Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey 1BAD CR1, just wanted to mention...

*89x2*

Thanks guys:),

I hope to attend at least one of the events that have been planned. I really want to take a road trip with you guys to Callaway.
I just ordered Custom Callaway Floor mats, Trunk mat and a red shift knob.

I found a guy in Conn. that had a set of ZR1 OZ Futura 18" rims brand new never installed. I picked them up this past Friday.(Gift to myself):upthumbs I test mounted them, the fronts are fine but the rears stick out about an 1 inch. The rears appear to be 12.5 inches wide. I will have to reseach where I can get 2 shorter outer rings to switch with the existing wider rings. The rims are 3 Piece. From the side the CR1 looks awesome with the OZ's rims. Does any one have a recomendation of where I can start to look?

Thanks Ben

Ben, could you add Export (Grand Sport) Flares over the rears w/ the smaller lower spats to cover over the wider rims/tires ot back??

Brand new OZ's, what a score! :cool

Please let me know if you need any addl. event info.

Also, stay tuned later in the year on an Old Lyme visit that is in the discussion phase :cool :beer Chris

Chris,

In fact the guy gave me a pair of the grand sport flares, but I was not sure if I should do that since it didn't come from Callaway like that. Don't you think it would depreciate the value if I did that. In order to attach you have to drill 4 holes in the body on each side to fasin the flares. What's your thoughts on that?

I found a place in Colorado that will reverse the offset an inch. I have to give them a call in the morning.

Regards,
Ben

Chris,

In fact the guy gave me a pair of the grand sport flares, but I was not sure if I should do that since it didn't come from Callaway like that. Don't you think it would depreciate the value if I did that. In order to attach you have to drill 4 holes in the body on each side to fasin the flares. What's your thoughts on that?

I found a place in Colorado that will reverse the offset an inch. I have to give them a call in the morning.

Regards,
Ben

In my opinion you should put smaller offset on the rims.
these flares look only good on a GS.

Thanks for your feedback. I have a call into the company. Hopefully they will be able to reverse the offset. These tires are like steam rollers. :D They are going to look rediculous on the CR1 when they are corrected.:upthumbs If all goes well with the call I will ship the rears out this afternoon. I will keep you guys updated on the progress.

Regards,
Ben

Well, I just go off the phone with the Company. There is a number of options that they can go through to reduce the 1 inch offset. I told them that it was an O.Z. rim. They had horror stories in regards to O.Z.'s Customer support and inventory in case you damage a rim. They change their styles every six months which results in previous models being obsolete with no replacement parts in case a customer has damage. So for all you guys that have O.Z rims be very careful with them.:confused

I will ship the rims this afternoon. They expect a turnaround in 2 weeks. They mentioned they could as a last resort shave off an inch from the outer lip. This would reduce the tire patch from 12.5 inches to 11.5 which I can deal with. :upthumbs

Regards,
1BADCR1

Thanks for your feedback. I have a call into the company. Hopefully they will be able to reverse the offset. These tires are like steam rollers. :D They are going to look rediculous on the CR1 when they are corrected.:upthumbs If all goes well with the call I will ship the rears out this afternoon. I will keep you guys updated on the progress.

Regards,
Ben

Ben, that is AWESOME!

18" OZ's :eek those are VERY rare wheels - I know of only one other Callaway with those :eek

Well the rims are shipped so I will know in a week what they plan to do to correct the rear offset. By the way in doing my research. Lotus used the exact same 18 inch rim from 1997 - 1999 on thier Lotus Espirit Turbo. So if any of you guys need parts for the rims i.e. Outer rings centercaps or revits go to your local Lotus dealer parts counter they can help. :)

Regards,
1BADCR1
Ben

I'm glad you aren't going this route! That sounds terrible! Flares on a widebody ZR-1? Plus putting holes in a part that might be difficult to find! :eek:hnoes

Good luck with the wheels, sounds cool! I always liked the OZ Mitos that Callaway used.

Aurora40,

Thanks I'm glad you agree. Also, I thought it would look to busy. The rims are O.Z. Futura rims. They have the wide spokes, the Mitos have the thin ones. Callaway offered both versions but very few Futuras were put on the ZR1 Callaways. I know Carls has the Futura's but I have not seen any others.

In fact Lotus optioned these exact rims for thier Espirit Twin Turbos from 97 - 99.

Best Regards,
1BADCR1:upthumbs

Mr. BadCr1 ;)

Do you know if the bolt pattern from the O.Z. Futura rims (and Mitos) are the GM 5x 4 3/4"? The Futura's and Mito's are on lots of BMW's here in Europe but the bolt pattern from a BMW is slightly different (about 0.00265"). Do you know if O.Z used one and the same bolt pattern or are all your bolts perfectly in center with the bolt holes from your rim? :)

Groeten Peter.

not to mention that the offset would be off as well...

I have looked at them before

-Luigi
:cool

Chris,

Yup, Those are them. The bolt pattern on mine are an exact match. I ordered new set of center caps from the Lotus dealer because the previous owner had them laying around and scratched the faces on two of them. They are sweet:upthumbs .

Regards
1BADCR1,

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom