Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey *89x2*( coilover question)>>

-=Jeff=-

Corvette
1990 ZR-1
on the Callaway's coilover system, I heard that Reeves left the front spring in place as well as having the coilovers is this true?

Also what is the current cost for the Callaway Coilovers?

Thanks!!

coilover

Jeff the front spring is taken out when they do the system . They also add reinforcements in a couple of areas. . It is not a bolt in system. They weld in brackets and such.It is unreal with the FX3 !

Re: coilover

callaway4fun said:
Jeff the front spring is taken out when they do the system . They also add reinforcements in a couple of areas. . It is not a bolt in system. They weld in brackets and such.It is unreal with the FX3 !

:upthumbs This is correct - The Transverse Springs are removed and replaced with the totally adjustable suspension - Current cost, Depends if you have FX3 or not - also, the kits may be constructed on a per order basis - you would want to verify this w/ Ted Rice @ Callaway cars as Pete (Callaway4fun) did have to have a part machined for his that was no longer in stock - Took time but it looks like he is Extremely pleased with the product :beer
Ted's e mail is trice@callawaycars.com
Hope this works out - Chris *89x2*

what extra brackets get welded in and where??

Pictures if you have them would be great..

I have a complete list of parts from QA1 to do a 12 way adjustable but need the $$ before doing it

Coilovers

Have them on my CR-1 for 12 years & they are the best!! Braces are welded on the frt. upper shock towers to handle additional stress of coilovers & rear mounting holes in chasis are elongated to move rear coilovers away from 1/2 shafts.That should do it.

Thanks for the Picture Chris, But I really cannot see where the added material is

I was wondering if the R&D Racing Camber brace would work for additional tower strength. but then I don't know how it mounts.

Location of brace

Engine side of tower. Covers opening in tower making it a solid piece to prevent stress cracking.Best I can do without a picture.

Walking out to car in Garage
I looked at my tower on my 89.. inside of it is solid. Only thing I see is a second plate horizontal to the frame rail directly to the inside of the tower that could be boxed

Correction

Chris,looks like you are right.After 12 years it is hard to tell what was welded from the factory VS Callaway.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom