Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hi Everyone

RwarrenR

Corvette
1990 Bright Red
Got My 1990 Red Corvette 32000 miles has a slight miss should i take it to chevy dealer for a tune up or does anyone know a honest mechanic around Ventura Ca. Thanks everyone Love driving it:cool

Welcome to the CAC. Another RED corvette is always acceptable. I have 2. You will love the group here. Enjoy the forum.

Welcome to the forum. As for the miss if the car only has 32K on it I would first try driving it and running some fresh gas through it. When I say drive it I mean like take it out and run at least a couple of hundred miles to get everything warmed up. My 93 had 67K when I got it and it ran like a three legged elephant. I found out the previous owner was running regular in it. I ran the tank down and filled it with premium. Then I went out and drove 500 miles. After about 100 miles the car took off like a jack rabbit and idled and ran great. :beer

The 90 has the L98 engine. While you will eventually want to find a good Corvette mechanic in your area (unless you can and want to do all of the work on your car yourself) there is nothing magical or mysterious about the engine. Any good mechanic should be able to tune it if that's what it needs. A dealership will just cost you more money to do it.

Injector bad

:D:DTook the car to dealer checked it out bad injector. Now runs great.

Oh yea

Dealer said original injectors have a lifetime warranty

Are you saying the dealer replaced the injector on warranty at no cost. If so it would be helpful if you could get a copy of the service bulletin or the bulletin number that covered this replacement.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom