Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hi from Louisville, KY

clint2004Vette

Corvette
2004 Black Coupe w/ Black Leather
Hi all, I just bought my Vette a month ago. I have a 2004 Black on Black coupe with 38000 miles. I recently added a Borla Stinger exhaust. It really sounds like a different car with it on. The idle and acceleration growl is amazing!

C5 Corvette's Rule...

...and Welcome to the :CAC

Post a few pictures of your Vette when ya have a few minutes! :beer

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Welcome to the CAC!

Enjoy!

:Steer

Hi all, I just bought my Vette a month ago. I have a 2004 Black on Black coupe with 38000 miles. I recently added a Borla Stinger exhaust. It really sounds like a different car with it on. The idle and acceleration growl is amazing!

Congrats on the 2004 from a fellow Louisville Vette owner!

80_in_meirs.jpg

welcome to CAC!!!:CAC
enjoy the vette as well as the forums!!!!!!!!

Just got to love that BLACK, welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER, glad you could join us :beer

Did you do a complete exhaust replacement; and if you don't mind what did that set you back? Like to see a closer shot of the exhaust tips; bet it does sound meaner than a junk yard dog!!!!

Bill :w

I'll add some photos later. I just replaced the muffler system. Later, I'll look into replacing the H-pipe with a X-pipe.
I bought the Borla Model #140038 Stinger Quad Round Tip system. I ordered it myself and had it delivered to me at home, big 52 lb box. The box barely fix in the coupe.
Along with install at the dealer, I paid $1080. It was well worth it though!

I noticed yesterday that the throttle is much smoother now, and faster too! Borla states that you can expect gains of 7-10% HP. The noise is just fantastic, loud too! It has that real deep throaty V8 burble. I like it much more than clips I heard of the Corsa Pace Car system.

Just got to love that BLACK, welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER, glad you could join us :beer

Did you do a complete exhaust replacement; and if you don't mind what did that set you back? Like to see a closer shot of the exhaust tips; bet it does sound meaner than a junk yard dog!!!!

Bill :w

I'll add some photos later. I just replaced the muffler system. Later, I'll look into replacing the H-pipe with a X-pipe.
I bought the Borla Model #140038 Stinger Quad Round Tip system. I ordered it myself and had it delivered to me at home, big 52 lb box. The box barely fix in the coupe.
Along with install at the dealer, I paid $1080. It was well worth it though!

I noticed yesterday that the throttle is much smoother now, and faster too! Borla states that you can expect gains of 7-10% HP. The noise is just fantastic, loud too! It has that real deep throaty V8 burble. I like it much more than clips I heard of the Corsa Pace Car system.

They just bolted right on didn't they? How much did the dealer charge you to install them?

From what I understand yes, they did. I called around to all the Chevy dealers, and my regular mechanic shop to ask if they would install an after market exhaust. Everyone said no, they don't mess with after market, and some dealers said they would if "they" ordered it. I did find one dealer that would, the main Corvette dealer in Louisville (Bachman Chevrolet). These people know more about Vettes than anyone in the area I think. They charged a pretty penny to do it though, I cringed when they told me $180 to install. But, I didn't feel comfortable taking my new toy to a place I didn't know the reputation. Bachman came highly recommend to me by my uncle who owns a 96 and an 03 Z06. So, I went ahead and paid the bill. From what I read, the hardest part is getting off the wimpy stock system.

I bought the system from www.BorlaDirect.com
I paid $900 (shipping included) for the system, which seemed to be a good deal compared to over $1000 from other sites like West Coast Corvette and Mid America Auto.
They just bolted right on didn't they? How much did the dealer charge you to install them?

I didn't feel comfortable taking my new toy to a place I didn't know the reputation. Bachman came highly recommend to me by my uncle who owns a 96 and an 03 Z06. So, I went ahead and paid the bill. From what I read, the hardest part is getting off the wimpy stock system.

I definently understand that! Hard to find a shop anymore that does quality work esspecially on a Vette.

Bet it sounds bad to the bone.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom