Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HID Adjustment

T

trochred99

Just installed HID on my vette how do you adjust them?

Thanks

Did you put in just the HID bulbs or go all the way with new projector style lamps?

No matter which you installed, they adjust the same way as stock.

Remove the large round circular cover on the side of the headlight housing and use the adjustment rods to make raise/lower. Just be sure that if they're tight that you lube them as they can break rather easily.

No matter which you installed, they adjust the same way as stock.

Remove the large round circular cover on the side of the headlight housing and use the adjustment rods to make raise/lower. Just be sure that if they're tight that you lube them as they can break rather easily.

That's for sure.........lubed mine with superlube dry spray DO NOT attempt to adjust without lubing

Without lube, they aren't going to move. The adjusting rods are rusted in the plastic blocks by now. There is a vertical and horizontal adjustment Torx screw on each headlight assembly. It's easier to get to the vertical ones by removing the black surround cover on the headlamp assembly, or reaching in from below the assembly and feeling for it.
I had to remove the whole assembly to get mine freed up, before the adjusters could be broken free of the rust. I little PB Blaster got them loose again.

Can anyone tell me if the brightness is equal, or less than HID with the projector housings, by just installing the HID bulbs/ballast? I've heard that to have true HID you need to have the projector units or the brightness will be less.

My son installed HID's with ballasts a year ago and they seem great. No one has ever given me the high beams.I know they are brighter then DOT allows but I just passed inspection this last Friday!
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom