Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: High Mileage Vettes????

namvet

Corvette
Had a chance at a 65 convertible years ago
Met a gentleman on the Jamestown Ferry, in Virginia who had a beautiful 2006 (?) convertible and I was amazed at the car. We began to talk, I began to want a Corvette more and more after many years of wanting.

He said "well I have 245,000 miles on her and might trade it on a 2014 but the dealer won't give me anything for her.".....I would have taken it in a minute if i knew then what I know now....He has driven it east to west many times as well as all over the USA. Mostly alone and his wife wasn't a traveler.

My question is a) is this a norm? b) are they that reliable?, c) what is the highest mileage Corvette you have heard of? d) at what point in the mileage should I cut off looking at one?

Last edited:
The engine was designed to go 200,000 miles. You can keep any car going with enough money. Even more money if you don't do the work yourself.

A C5 or C6 with that mileage is not normal but rare. You should have asked him what maintenance he had done.

I am amazed

The engine was designed to go 200,000 miles. You can keep any car going with enough money. Even more money if you don't do the work yourself.

A C5 or C6 with that mileage is not normal but rare. You should have asked him what maintenance he had done.

told me he did all the scheduled maintenance as described in the manual (oil etc), other stuff (nothing major as of then) was done by Chevrolet dealer he always dealt with. To be honest I was amazed, cars now a days are made to go until the warranty expires then they seem to die....From what I am reading the C5 and C6's seem to go and go if cared for as they should be............ I am a driver and relaxer, the race days are long gone so I intend to drive and enjoy. I am sure high mileage Corvettes are traded in but I never see any around here. Just thought a good well cared for high mileage may be the place to start for this 1st time buyer........:pat................ Happy Memorial Day to all my fellow veterans, lets not forget out fallen brothers and sisters.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom