Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

High Oil Temp

alan ream

Corvette
2004 Red Z06
I'm not sure if I have a problem, but I thought I'd ask.

My oil temp seems to run hotter than my water temp. Seems I remember that the reverse is supposed to be true. While my water temp runs around 190-195, my oil temp runs 200-205. I hope it's my imigination, but I thought I'd ask. My engine is completely stock and I have done absolutely nothing to the engine. I've triple checked to see if I might have picked up something underneath to block an intake or something, but everything looks absolutely clean. Any suggestions.

Your temps are perfect!

The oil DOES run a little hotter than the coolant. The coolant has a radiator cooling it. The engine oil has no specific cooling system.

SAVE THE WAVE! :w

lt4man said:
Your temps are perfect!

The oil DOES run a little hotter than the coolant. The coolant has a radiator cooling it. The engine oil has no specific cooling system.

SAVE THE WAVE! :w
Hey, thanks for the good news. Makes me feel better.
Alan

I agree, those temps sound right on the money.
I've seen my oil temps go up to around 212 or even higher on very hot days in stop and go, fairly low speed driving.

Tammy

MsSchroder said:
I agree, those temps sound right on the money.
I've seen my oil temps go up to around 212 or even higher on very hot days in stop and go, fairly low speed driving.

Tammy
Thanks for the input. Looks like I'm worrying for nothing.

Hi Alan -

One more vote for "You are fine!"

My Z06 runs a little cooler than that with a 160 degree thermostat - but that is well within the range for the LS1/6.

best regards -

mqqn

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom