Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Holley Carb Date Question

A

annenp

I have a 1965 Corvette with built date December 8, 1964. I recently found a 2818 Holley Carb with date first week of July 1964. If I was to judge my car could I pass of the Carb as original -- is it too early for my car?

Appreciate your advice.

I have a 1965 Corvette with built date December 8, 1964. I recently found a 2818 Holley Carb with date first week of July 1964. If I was to judge my car could I pass of the Carb as original -- is it too early for my car?

Appreciate your advice.

2-6 weeks prior to the car's build date is "typical", but NCRS allows full judging credit up to six months prior, so that carb will get full credit, as it's within the six-month "window".

:beer

2-6 weeks prior to the car's build date is "typical", but NCRS allows full judging credit up to six months prior, so that carb will get full credit, as it's within the six-month "window".

John, would the allowable date be based on the car build date or the engine assy date? The engine build must be before the car build so I would assume the carb date should be before the engine assy date???
Thanks, Jeff

John, would the allowable date be based on the car build date or the engine assy date? The engine build must be before the car build so I would assume the carb date should be before the engine assy date???
Thanks, Jeff

The carburetor was installed at St. Louis, not at the engine plant, so the carb is dated relative to the car's final assembly date; the carb can be dated before or after the engine assembly date.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom