Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Holley Carb $

rainman

Corvette
02 Z06, 65 L-76
I recently bought a 70 LT-1 missing the holley carb. I've found a correctly dated carb that is complete but needs rebuilt. Asking price is $875. Seems high to me or is that what I should expect to pay?

I've seen showroom quality 4555 Holleys go for $1000!

I got lucky last May and got a second chance ebay offer on a near perfect, date matching 4555 for my 70 LT-1. Price = $511.00 + shipping. Spent another $100 or so to have it gone through.

$875 is a lot of money. I've seen a bunch go for much less and a few for a bit more. It all depends on how long you are willing to wait. 4555s aren't that hard to find but to get the right date may take a looong time.

:confused My book says a 70 LT1 had a Holley 4150. Is my book wrong?

Double check your book.....

Billybeau1 said:
:confused My book says a 70 LT1 had a Holley 4150. Is my book wrong?
1970 LT-1 only used Holley 4489 & 4555. Most were 4555.

4150 was the carb model. There were lots of 4150s made over many years and used on many different cars in many different configurations. The list number tells which specific 4150. List 4555 was used for all 70 LT-1s except the ones sold in CA which used List 4489. 71 and 72 LT-1s also used 4150 carbs list 4801 and 6239.

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll keep looking.

Well said....

rainman said:
4150 was the carb model. There were lots of 4150s made over many years and used on many different cars in many different configurations. The list number tells which specific 4150. List 4555 was used for all 70 LT-1s except the ones sold in CA which used List 4489. 71 and 72 LT-1s also used 4150 carbs list 4801 and 6239.

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll keep looking.

Well said. Thanks for the detail.

Billy - guess you can go retrieve your book!

Rainman, Congrats on the car! Mine was missing the correct carb when I bought it too. I found a 4555, metering block stamps 6333 and 4519 with a correct 3 digit date code for my car for $425 but in serious need of a rebuild and/or complete restoration. I went for the restoration, (which is costing me almost as much as the carb itself!), but am going to end up with a carb as close to new as it can get. I could've just gone with the rebuild for less but with hopes one day of having my car judged I thought I'd pay the extra $'s up front to get it done right. So the price is high but not outrageous depending on condition. If you wait you might find another one for cheaper but finding one with everything 'correct' including the date is tough to pass on. I know I've bid on others.
Good Luck.[font=&quot] [/font]

Dave, thanks for the reply. I'm still looking. I decided $875 was too much for a carb that need restored. If already restored or at least rebuilt then I'd probably spend the money.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom