Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Holy $H!% ~ the video of all videos ended up in the mailbox today!

*89x2*

Anyone remember the Speedster Gathering from the late 90's in California??

It is a video of those cars pulling into a warehouse for the display :eek

The 57 SR2 and a big brake Gulf Racer are on there, along with other rare Vettes...

So far the black one, green one#000, magenta, black pearl metallic, silver, and yellow have all come in and the video is only 1/5th over @ 6 minutes :eek

I guess my mission is how to get it online at http://www.callawayownersgroup.com

Thanks Skip! :w

For those who cannot make it to PA....what is the plan?

Plan B., is to put it on the COG Website for everyone to see.

It needs to be:

1. Edited down in content.
2. Compressed in sized.
3. Hosted (no issues there ;) ).

...stay tuned - and thank you to ALL the offers made here and by email/PM's. This is an amazing video that NEEDS to be shared. :cool

Jon, thanks - I have it on a DVD disc, just need to get it from there, to a smaller/useable size.

That's even easier. I've got a great tool I use to compress DVD movies so I can watch them on my phone on the airplane. It lets you both reduce the video size and increase compression.

This video sounds great, I'd love to see it.

Of course you know who could reduce and compress it for you...

Send it on down!

-Luigi
:cool

This brings to mind a cool idea... how about Callaway of the Month videos? When you take pics of COTMs, if capable, it'd be cool to have some 360 degree walk around video with the cars running. Could host the videos on youtube and embed them on the COG.

Is that something possible Chris?

Just did a quick calculation to see just how funny it would be...

its about ~675 Mega Bytes for that length video in small 275 x 325 pixel size. I'm sure that you have but disk space but do you still have the bandwidth?

;LOL

Would love to see it though

Cheers!

-Luigi
:cool

That's a huge file. Can't you just cut the non-Callaway stuff out? Or is it really over an hour of Callaway footage? Sounds like a good "home movie" worth watching!

That's a huge file. Can't you just cut the non-Callaway stuff out? Or is it really over an hour of Callaway footage? Sounds like a good "home movie" worth watching!

A GREAT DEAL of it IS Callaway Speedster related :cool Hard to cut it out or trim it down...

...still working on this. :W

I have 100 GB of storage and 1 Terabyte/month of bandwidth...I think we can get it covered :L

I have 100 GB of storage and 1 Terabyte/month of bandwidth...I think we can get it covered :L

that would be very nice, I hate these downsampled youtube versions of good video.

I will be in waiting line for download, :upthumbs

thanks Chris for sharing this unique piece of Callaway history.

You could also think about using bittorrent to transfer the full quality video. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but it would do the trick.

I just watched the video again tonight - still no luck downsizing it however, I can say the image quality is so good, it played super on my DVD player on the TV in my family room :eek Yes, the picture quality is THAT good :eek:hnoes

Some of the colors are slightly off though and if I did not know better, I would say the candy violet speedster could be a ringer for Jonstr's Speedster - yes, the colors seem that close (at least on the video). Makes me think the BFG banner was greatly "touched up" :W

...stay tuned ;help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom