Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hood Pictures Finally

You don't see many of them on soft-nosed Sharks. Nice! :upthumbs

Are you going to leave any portion of it black?

_ken :w

Yea, I plan to have a black stripe coming out of the front vent with small black pin stripe around the rim and sides. I'll carry that over on the rear deck and rear panel. Similar to the ZL-1 but not on the roof.

*sigh*

I love the L-88 hoods! Had one on a '74 Camaro in college.
Sil

It looks great. Seems to fit very nice as well.

Have you started to block sand it yet, or are you going to leave that to a body shop?

Does it have a hole already drilled for drainage in the front scoop section, or are you doing that?

I love looking out of the dash and seeing that massive hump. It is kind of like the difference between looking at Pamela Anderson and looking at.............well, I better stop there before I get in trouble.

I'm pretty good with metal body work, but fiberglass is really not my bag. I will probably leave that up to a good glass man and painter.

No holes in the hood. I will probably get them drilled when I am having the other body work done. I dont expect it to see much rain anyhow.

As for Pam Anderson and the hood. I just hafta say that I am definatly a massive hump man.;)

Im glad to hear you happy with the hood. I sure looks nice.

If you dont mind me asking which vendor did you order it from. I need to order a hood and a front bumper, and I hear som e brands dont match up with these cars very well.

Definitely my all-time favorite hood. Looks great on 70's Camaro's also.

Somebody just sent me a picture of a Mako replica that has one grafted on cleanly. Looks pretty good there to.

I hear some brands dont match up with these cars very well.

I just saw pictures of a hood from ZIP, the fit was horrible, it was actually too short. The ones I have heard fit the best are the ones from Ecklers and believe it or not JC Whitney.

Schweeeeet! Man that thing looks really nice even without the paint!

- Eric:w

I got the hood from Vanacor's Corvette Parts our of Louisiana (800-225-6508 or 985-758-7041).

I got it for $445, shipping and all. They were very friendly.

That's a great price, mine was more than that without shipping :cry are you going to put the cold air box on it and the L-88 air cleaner set up?

No, I am going to fashion something different. I have a TPI in the garage that I really want to put in. If I do that I am thinking about making some kind of setup to funnel air from the cowl section near the windshield. Something along the line of a thin air box running the length of the hood and into a flat pannel K&N filter hooked to the throttle body. Of course that design is very subject to change.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom