Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hood rubber bumper thingies

Corvette
none right now :(
I searched but couldn't find anything...

1998, hood open. looking from the front there are two bumper stop screws that set the hood height. There should be a rubber top to them. My Dad said they basically cracked off. He couldn't get them at the dealer.

Anyone know a place to buy them? They go on top of the silver screw in the attached pic.

I'd say check junkyards and I'd bet the JunkMan might have some laying around..

Front Hood Adjustment Stops

attachment.php

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Thanks for giving me the technical term to make searching easier!! "Front Hood Adjustment Stops"

Your Dad must really be hard on that car if those dodads are messed up. The ones on my '98 look and feel brand new!

Look around a hobby store too or even the home improvement center in your town. You never know what might fit on our vettes! :L

Your Dad must really be hard on that car if those dodads are messed up. The ones on my '98 look and feel brand new!

Look around a hobby store too or even the home improvement center in your town. You never know what might fit on our vettes! :L

He's not hard on them at all. he's got a pair of Corvettes that are always garaged and clean. He doesn't drive them hard either.... The rest of the rubber on the car is perfect including the rear bumper stops and the weatherstripping, etc. These two little ones for some reason are the only bad ones on the car. I figured it was a common problem :W

Bob - Search hood rattles per this link: Corvette C5 Common Problems

"During cold weather the rubber hood stops can also rub and rattle/freeze against the hood. Adjust and lubricate the rubber stops so when you pull the corner of the hood up, it doesn't pull/ruin the stops..."​

:lou
L8TR - D

Bob - Search hood rattles per this link: Corvette C5 Common Problems

"During cold weather the rubber hood stops can also rub and rattle/freeze againstthe hood. Adjust and lubricate the rubber stops so when you pull the corner of the hood up, it doesn't pull/ruin the stops..."​

:lou
L8TR - D

Thanks 6... been a while since I've been on here, nice to see old online friends :)

I still can't find a set of these things... it's like trying to find a leprechaun.

Thanks 6... been a while since I've been on here, nice to see old online friends :)

I still can't find a set of these things... it's like trying to find a leprechaun.

Where have you been looking?? Did you call the Gene Culley at GMParthouse? Google for vette used parts, the country is full of dealers and they all have toll free numbers.

Those things are common on ALOT of different cars besides vettes. Print a pic of one from online and take it with you to a salvage yard and start popping hoods. I had the exact same bumpers on an ol' '80 Riviera that I drove for 18 yrs. Gotta do your homework. :thumb

Where have you been looking?? Did you call the Gene Culley at GMParthouse? Google for vette used parts, the country is full of dealers and they all have toll free numbers.

Those things are common on ALOT of different cars besides vettes. Print a pic of one from online and take it with you to a salvage yard and start popping hoods. I had the exact same bumpers on an ol' '80 Riviera that I drove for 18 yrs. Gotta do your homework. :thumb

I've looked all over online and at dealers. They make the larger ones still, for the rear and a couple other places on the car... I think the trunk lid for example. The small ones though, on the very front, are impossible to find.

I don't have salvage yards anywhere near me that would have anything of this vintage. The only one that is half way decent only keeps cars up to the mid 90's and those are rare. Everything else is really old.

Sorry to drag up an old thread but this is annoying me now because I own the car and the hood sags a bit up front.

Here is a pic, any new ideas? I thought I might have found the part online but I'm simply not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20130916_214006_302.jpg
    IMG_20130916_214006_302.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 82
Sorry to drag up an old thread but this is annoying me now because I own the car and the hood sags a bit up front.

Here is a pic, any new ideas? I thought I might have found the part online but I'm simply not sure.

Here ya are! I see these bumpers all the time in my pile of C5 aftermarket parts catalogs.

Go to Corvette Central • Corvette Parts and search for part number 465109.

Front hood adjuster bumper with stud is $9.75. Pricey, yes, but we have to pay the "Corvette" tax, right? ;LOL

You need to register on all the catalog websites and get free catalogs. I have Corvette Central, Corvette America, Zip-Products, and Ecklers catalogs. Used to get MidAmerica, but their catalog sucks!

Good luck!
D

You can get just the rubber bumper without the metal screw section at most Advance Auto Parts,Auto Zone and Automotive Paint & Supply stores in the HELP section!:thumb
The last ones I bought cost less than $6.00 in a blister pack of 2! :thumb :thumb

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom