Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

hood scoop- anyone recognize?

CHEV66JB

Corvette
'59 Corvette #5366
I got this hood at Fall Carlisle last year. The guy had a very cheap price on it because he did not want to have to take it back home. He even told another interested party that if they bought the hood, removed the scoop, and brought it back to him, he'd like to buy the scoop back.

The interested party tried the "I'll walk away thing and see if he comes down any more", which he tried 2x. When he did it the second time, I swooped in and said "if your asking price is what I thought you said it was, I'll take it!". The other guy was a bit po'ed to say the least but hey, he had his shot.

A pic of the hood is attached. I wonder if anyone might know what was so special about the scoop (aside from the fact that it would look WICKED on a gasser!!)?

Jim,

We used to call them tunnel ram scoops back in the '70s. They were available from multiple sources with slight differences in configuration. You could probably still find them in catalogs from people that sell drag racing fiberglass.

Now all you need is a honkin' big block with a tunnel ram. :D

Tom

Jim,

We used to call them tunnel ram scoops back in the '70s. They were available from multiple sources with slight differences in configuration. You could probably still find them in catalogs from people that sell drag racing fiberglass.

Now all you need is a honkin' big block with a tunnel ram. :D

Tom

Right now I'll be able to get any block under it at all! I have a 283 sitting that needs a rebuild, a 327 block that was bored .060 over, and as of last month I almost had to sell the car! I ended up sacrificing my Chevelle instead. :(

Two lane blacktop '55 Chevy:

twolane-blacktop1.jpg

A friend of mine in high school (around '73) had a '66 Malibu that he put a 454 with a blower in and drag raced. It had that exact scoop on it. He got it from J.C. Whitney. Man, I wish I had a pic of that old car...it was so cool....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom