Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hooker Headers And Sidepipes

JCL

Corvette
1979 "383" TORCH RED- 2000 Torch Red "FRC."
QUESTION? HOW MANY OF YOU ARE RUNNING THIS COMBINATION. WHATS ARE YOUR LIKES AND OR DIS-LIKES. ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE DIFFERENT!! THANKS IN ADVANCE. JCL

I have side pipes on my car, the only dislikes i have with it is that ive burned myself twice so far and my girlfriend twice also. Other then that it rocks and im running mine straight. Oh and i still dont know if im running my carb correctly for the side pipes.

Rock on.

Devil's advocate:
Less heat in the passenger compartment
Less heat on the fiberglass rear spring
Looks great
The sound, the sound, you know

Dislikes:
Probably losing some HP as no crossover pipe
Flesh wounds...boy do burns take a long time to heal
$$$$$$$$$$$$
Modifying the rocker panels
Getting through inspection

Did I mention the sound?

Be sure to get the "glasspack" mufflers not the "reverse flow" ones. And install the glasspacks backwards.

I love the sound and hate the burns. I have been trying for a long time to find some kind of heatshields , seen a set at Canfield Ohio swapmeet that were for a Dodge Red Ram vertical stacks but they were expensive for their condition and I didn't think they would fit BB sidepipes. I wish someone would make heatshields and that they wouldn't be attached to the sidepipes so not to draw any heat that way. T-TOP TOM

"SOLUTION "

HI TOM. GOT A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM. WAS WITHIN A FEW DAYS OF ADDING IT TO A COUPLE OF RELATED ITEMS I MANUFACTURE ALREADY FOR USE WITH HOOKER SIDEPIPES. E-MAIL ME DIRECT AND GIVE ME SOMEWAY TO CONTACT YOU DIRECT. I'M JUST OVER NORTH OF SEVILLE A COUPLE OF MILES.THANKS, JCL79383@AOL.COM

Hi me again,

Man i got pulled over last night and got a 72 hour warning to get mufflers on my side pipes to bring the sound down abit. But no garages are open on saturday and sunday, so what could i do to bring down the sound just so i dont get charged until i can get mufflers. Aslo what are the best types of mufflers to get for the most performance and the best sound. My father in law said to put industrial styrophoam in the pipes just to bring the sound down, but would that work.

thxs alot.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom