Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hooker Headers Installation Tips...

quick question

So the ceramic ones from summit are only coated on the outside?

Also how does the collector connection look with the chrome side pipe, but ceramic header? Is there a big color difference. Sorry I have only seen small pictures never seen them live and up close.

Thanks again for all your help. I am getting totally excited about the prospect of snagging a set. Just need to finish the suspension first.

B

Brutus- on the driver's side, I did not have to make any (major) modification to the rocker panel. I did have to notch it (cut the lower part of the "L") for the rear most sidepipe mounting bolt. On the passenger's side, I did wind up having to trim some off the front of the rocker panel where it would've contacted the header tubes at the point they crossover outside the frame. But, even there I didn't have to trim more than a quarter of an inch in "height" for about a 3- to 4-inch "length." I put the rocker panel up against the car to make appropriate measurements, trimmed it with a hack saw (which made nice, clean cuts, by the way), then wiggled, bent, and pushed it back into place. I wound up having to trim it a couple of times to get it "just right," but I was obsessively careful, since I'd researched how much it costs to replace those things ($135 each from CC). Overall, it was easier than I thought it'd be, but maybe I just worry a lot.

wrc3- I got both the headers and sidepipes from Jet-Hot, both with their Sterling Silver coating, so they both have the same finish. Tonight I'll try to post a couple more pictures.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom