Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hope these Roll Bar Pics Help!

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Well, got the carpet in, and the roll bars back in place. They don't get 100% secured until the convertible top goes in as they sandwich the frame in the upper corners.

Several of you asked for some better pics. I hope these do the trick, as you won't see much after the seats are in. The bars have welded nuts in the extreme lower corners and in the center for the four point, and an optional five point in the front. They bolt to the B pillar at the bottom corner and top section as well as through the floor between the seat and seat supports. Are they NHRA legal, NO, but they look cool, and are better than what the car had stock in 69.

roll%20bar%20passenger%20side.JPG

roll%20bar%20driver%20side.JPG

I'm assuming those are custom, did you make them or have them made? I say that because you rarely find vendors making things like this for anything other than the C4/5's. Looks cool by the way!

These are 100% custom. You are right, there is very little for C3. Jeggs does sell a bolt in four point mount roll bar for the C3 coupes that is pretty sweet for about $270. I could not find anything for the convertibles.

This thing makes it very difficult to access the back, but what the heck.

69MyWay said:
These are 100% custom. You are right, there is very little for C3...............This thing makes it very difficult to access the back, but what the heck.

I can see that the companies make most of the aftermarket parts for the newer Corvettes because that seems to be where most of the money is coming from, smart on their part. BUT, there are several products that C3 people have been wanting for a while, like the folding metal frame t-tops. I would bet there is a big market for those, everytime someone mentions them there is a big response for "where can I buy those?" Of course you have two choices, get taken to the cleaners from the crooks on eBay for well over $200, or get lucky like I did and find a pair cheap at a swap meet. I sure wish I had the skill and time to make them, I'd retire much happier.

Anyway, I say it's your car, modify as you please!

Hi
Thanks for the pics. Makes it now very clear .
You only used the vertical door frame for bolt up of the bar. ( 4 point ).
Are you not worried about bars going backwards down onto the longitudinal frame ? Guess this would not pass the convert top when it's stowed.
Still, great idea, great rollbar.:_rock
Gunther

Gunther said:
Hi
Thanks for the pics. Makes it now very clear .
You only used the vertical door frame for bolt up of the bar. ( 4 point ).
Are you not worried about bars going backwards down onto the longitudinal frame ? Guess this would not pass the convert top when it's stowed.
Still, great idea, great rollbar.:_rock
Gunther

Those can be added later as needed. The structural support actually is more directed to providing something substantial for the seat belt to bolt too. The upper bars finish it off with a little more style. From here, bars could go forward and backward and tie into the frame of the car. This would make the whole structure more rigid and provide more support in a crash. However, I don't want to have to climb over them, or cramp the rear space any worse where the rag top rests.

69 my way,

Are you planning on putting some more tread to fill those fender flares. Some nice racing rims and tires would look great.

Re: 69 my way,

400hp_76 said:
Are you planning on putting some more tread to fill those fender flares. Some nice racing rims and tires would look great.

18x10 up front, 18x12 out back with either Perelli or Michelin

275/35 ZR18 and 335/30 ZR18!!!!

They are being built out in California and should get to me in the next couple of weeks. They are Intro Pentias.

They look like this

pentia.jpg

18x10 up front, 18x12

Is that it. haha. good gosh. Yeppppppppp that will do pretty nicely. I have 17x8 up front and in the back. centerline. i just had them put on last year around october or so and then the FIRE. so i didnt get to enjoy them much. i want to see if the guy will let me take the rear rims back and get either 9.5 or 10 inch rims.
905.jpg[img]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom