Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Horsepower TV - Vette buildup

gedmeyer

Corvette
former L81 owner!
I just caught some of horsepower TV (on SPIKETV) and they are doing a vette build up. I didn't catch the year, but I think it's a late C3. They put a nice stroker in. They make it look so easy!

-gedmeyer

It was a 1976!!! I'm not sure the front emblem was correct and I think it had the rear vents behind the window which made me think 1975... but they said 1976. Need to see the steering wheel. All the things they are changing on that beast are the things I want to (need to) change. Espically the radiator support. Hopefully I'll see the next episode and see how it runs.

Ripp 76 said:
It was a 1976!!! I'm not sure the front emblem was correct and I think it had the rear vents behind the window which made me think 1975... but they said 1976. Need to see the steering wheel. All the things they are changing on that beast are the things I want to (need to) change. Espically the radiator support. Hopefully I'll see the next episode and see how it runs.

I got the impression that the next episode is not entirely about the Vette, unless they only produce one show every two weeks???:confused

GerryLP:cool

I'm really not sure myself. I wasn't able to give my full attention like I wanted to. I doubt the entire next show will be only the Vette, however, they didn't get it running because of the fuel tank they needed to replace, so they have to get it running in the next show.

It should be interesting when they put it on their dyno that they have in the shop. I wish I could dyno test all my mods like they can! Usually these car shows don't do many corvettes. So it's intersting.

-gedmeyer

Ripp 76 said:
... the fuel tank they needed to replace
Call me stupid, but I wasn't even aware of the fact that you can change out the bladder in the tank. :eek:

I learn something new every day! :D

Ken said:
Call me stupid, but I wasn't even aware of the fact that you can change out the bladder in the tank. :eek:

Don't worry, we would never call anyone stupid in the forum ;) we would send you a private message :L.

Ken said:

Ken,

don't feel bad, you should have seen my face...for a 1976 vehicle that was never expected from me

I bet the hood wont close.I kept waiting for them to show it but they never did. If i had their budget my vette would be very different.

Ken said:

You have to use an earlier tank without a bladder if you are going to use a in tank pump here is my tank after Rock Valley got done with it.
28.jpg

sharkcar71 said:
I bet the hood wont close.I kept waiting for them to show it but they never did. If i had their budget my vette would be very different.

Project StinkRay will show next week, Saturday & Sunday

Ken,

it was quite interesting, they put a new 383 stroker crate engine, new cooling system, all exhaust componets but what I was wondering, why they re-installed a new TH350>? I know they sell 700R4 for C3s (with a shorter tranny tail), I think that would be a performance improvement.

Horsepower

I've seen some of it, Pedro. I only missed last week's and this week's shows. I'll catch it next weekend, and on reruns, and more reruns, and more reruns... :L

Ken said:
I've seen some of it, Pedro. I only missed last week's and this week's shows. I'll catch it next weekend, and on reruns, and more reruns, and more reruns... :L

you are correct about the reruns, Seedvision is now rerunning the C4 (1991) rebuilt

40 years old?

Hey wait a second.... if I have a 1976 Stingray... does that mean it is also almost 40 years old? I never did understand math all that well. I guess since it is posted on the internet it must be true.

Ripp, the C3 is on the same platform (chassis) as the C2's were - since 1963. I saw the show today (for the first time - very interesting) and I'm wondering - How much money did they put in that car today??? Clearly it wasn't the first time those guys did one of those. I also enjoyed their 'Boy, that went togther a lot easier than I thought it would' ;LOL

Craig

Hey Craig... I saw them work on it for a moment today before I had to go to work. I understood why they said 40 years once they said it on tv. However, on their website it seemed a little strange. It was nice to see them work on it though. Now if only I had their budget and their garage, I could get my Stingray up to par. Slowly but surely.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom