Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hot Cam is in!!!!

wx briefer

Corvette
LT4 - Cam, exhaust,intake / '03 Z06 caged/ '19 ZR1
She sounded really good tonight after the new opti, water pump, Hot Cam, and extreme duty chain. Road trip tomorrow!!!!!

Update: 200 miles down the road and she is running smoother each mile. I think the computer is adjusting. No leaks and No codes set yet. The Corsas now sound a little throatier. Temperature is running 6 to 8 degrees hotter. Of course, I could have been given the wrong thermostat in the new water pump. I'll check it later. Car is getting smoother on take offs as the computer adjusts. As far as acceleration, it has now awakened! I feel it is probably in Z06 territory according to their posted RWHP.
Yeehaww!!!

Cool. :_rock

Are you running factory gearing in the rear?

CKA, it is all original in the rear with 345's. As far as the temperature being warmer now, I think that may be from a leaner condition at higher rpm's or load. I am not sure how much the computer can compensate without reprogramming.

wx briefer said:
Update: 200 miles down the road and she is running smoother each mile. I think the computer is adjusting. No leaks and No codes set yet. The Corsas now sound a little throatier. Temperature is running 6 to 8 degrees hotter. Of course, I could have been given the wrong thermostat in the new water pump. I'll check it later. Car is getting smoother on take offs as the computer adjusts. As far as acceleration, it has now awakened! I feel it is probably in Z06 territory according to their posted RWHP.
Yeehaww!!!

My car runs a little warmer than before too.I didnt know if it was the cam,the ported heads or what,but its not enough to be concerned about.Now the extra power is what you need to be concerned about.:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom