Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Hot oil/coolant smell

Edunn2017GS

Corvette
2010 Grand Sport Convertible
2010 GS -hot oil/coolant smell in cabin while driving with heater on- does not occur when A/C on. Also occurs in garage after engine shutdown. No abnormal temperatures, no leaks in evidence. Anyone else experienced this or have any info ?

Well, first off.....Welcome to CAC! :w I believe you'll find CAC is full of experienced Corvetters, ready and willing to help.

Now, I would say that there must be a small leak somewhere for those odors to occur. Valve cover gaskets? Heater core.....(ewwww, did I say that?) I hope not. Hopefully, someone else will check in here soon that has experienced this problem. Good luck and again, Welcome.:thumb

Hot oil and hot coolant spell quite different.

Which do you have?

Re Hot oil/coolant

Hot oil and hot coolant spell quite different.

Which do you have?
I think it is coolant, but threw oil in there as there are no leaks at all in evidence. When driving yesterday I had no smell in cabin but did have smell ouside of car after parking in garage. Again no evidence of any leak inside (no damp carpet) or outside (engine bay, garage floor, etc). Car only has 17K miles...……...

If you smell coolant when the heater or A/C is running, you may have a leak in your heater core.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom