Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

hot weather storage

M

mike p

I recently bought a 2002 coupe and am going to have to store it in a garage in Palm Springs for 2 months while I am out of town.

The ambient temperature in Palm Springs can easily be over 100 degrees Fareinheit; the temperature in an enclosed garage where I wll be storing my new blue beauty will be WAY over 100 and I am worried about the heat damaging the paint or other tiems and would appreciate a tech OR experienced owner telling me if this is something I need to worry about and what steps I should take to minimize heat effects, e.g. cover car, leave windows partly or fully down,etc. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Congratulations on the '02 coupe! What has your dealer suggested? GM is pretty good about recommending how to store their products. They want :) customers!!

- Gene

Congrats on the new coupe

We love the electron blue, almost as much as the nassau blue.:)
I think the direct sunlight is more of a problem than the actual heat. You should be fine. A car cover wouldn't hurt you if you have one laying around, but keep in mind that these things were engineered to run in higher heat than you will have it just sitting. Enjoy your baby.
--Drew:w

mike p, I live in TX and it gets real hot here. I keep my Vette ( 2000 Coupe ) garaged all the time. In the Summer it can easily get 110 degrees in my garage. It has caused no problems so far. I would be lots more concerned if you kept it outside in the direct sun at those temps.
I believe if it is dark it should not be a problem. Good luck. Also, post what you find out, I would be very curious what GM has to say.

I don't think it would hurt the paint being in the garage. The sun and ultra violet rays are the ones that do the damage. You should be fine.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom