Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hotel Parking "89x2"

Corvette
1989 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody Coupe
Are we going to have our own area to park in at the hotel? When I called they said no.Can you tell us what the story is. Thanks Pete

That's not good...

They're going to have to do better than that. I'm not going to be parking next to SUVs and minivans for 3 days. :mad

Will investigate this...

Gentlemen, I will seek an acceptable answer this week. When I inquired, I figured most folks would be trailering their cars and for that, we do have a nice sized lot. The complex is GIGANTIC in size and I am confidant something can be worked out.
Will keep all informed. tnx, *89x2* CC.

Chris,

Any status on this situation??

I figure it will be too much of a hasle to trailer it and WTF I might as well enjoy the ride in style. I've already doubled the mileage of the car.

Having a Callaway TT is too addictive.... I can't resist driving it. There should be some sort of warning that comes with the car! :)

Assurance

Folks, I have been assured by the number one person at the Hotel, that it is a safe, quiet and secure area in fact, here is an excerpt of the message "Hi Chris,
We are a pretty safe location. We have an area where they
can wash their cars. Plenty of parking "... So, I hope that puts everyone at ease. I was also told that a lot of folks have used this hotel w/out incident for years and although we should all take precautions w/ our cars I feel better w/ that info in hand.

FWIW, this is the #1 reson I did NOT advertise our location...
I can appreciate a good nights rest :)

See everyone NEXT week!
Chris. *89x2*

Chris - Thanks for the update!

I'm comfortable with that response from the hotel. Well as comfortable as I can be with leaving my baby in a public parking lot all night. It's never seen a night outside the garage.

Kevin, I am pleased too.. In fact the area to wash the cars was unknown to me and is a nice bonus!!! TurboLuigi may want to take advantage of that!!! <Don't use hotel towels for your wheels though ;) The fairgrounds has a wash area but it is right in a gravel lot...
Things are looking good!!!
See everyone next week! Chris *89x2*

I'll definitely take advantage of the wash area. Though I don't plan to take too much cleaning stuff since I have limited storage in the car.

However, I hope this is not like a local car show where I spent 3 days detailing the car/engine in the garage only to have to drive through a dirt field to the show area. Boy was I mad!

BTW, The car is ready. Oil changed. New Tires. Brakes done. All I am missing is the Nose Mask which may not make it in time before I go. (This show is getting expensive already!)

Luigi

TurboLuigi said:
I'll definitely take advantage of the wash area. Though I don't plan to take too much cleaning stuff since I have limited storage in the car.

However, I hope this is not like a local car show where I spent 3 days detailing the car/engine in the garage only to have to drive through a dirt field to the show area. Boy was I mad!

BTW, The car is ready. Oil changed. New Tires. Brakes done. All I am missing is the Nose Mask which may not make it in time before I go. (This show is getting expensive already!)

Luigi

I know what you mean, I have a lot invested in this show both time and money and I will say this - It looks better and better each day!!!
If you want, I can throw a few extra towells, etc in the truck to help out the car wash thing... I know space in your car will be tight for you so if you want me to bring a bucket and soap, let me know. Thanks again for signing up to go!!! *89x2*

Room w/ a View and ZR-1 Social Brew

Guys, when I made my reservation, I asked specifically for a room with a view of the parking lot. Second on the list was a window that could be opened because if there's any mischief going on in that lot, let's just say that talking takes second precedence!

:r

On the Vette Forum, the ZR-1 guys are looking for something social to happen at the hotel. I suggested they buy a quarter or half barrel of brew... :drink

Sure....

The ZR-1 guys can buy us brew any time :L

Chris, thanks for the offer, its greatly appreciated. I might need it but I still haven't sorted out the space situation in the car. A convertible with the top down doesn't leave much to work with. I'll let you know if I do.

Luigi

PS. Makes me wonder... why are so many people trailering instead of driving??? I have an open flat bed hauler but I can't fathom the hastle of trailering for such a long distance. I might as well enjoy the car. 2.5K miles round trip. The car will be filty either way.

TurboLuigi said:
A convertible with the top down doesn't leave much to work with.

You're not kidding! Fortunately I have no passenger so I've got at least the other seat and footwell to work with.

Luigi - I assume you've got the hardtop off for the summer? I do. But the car is still going in next Monday for the A/C to get serviced as it's blowing hot air right now! :cry

*89x2* said:
Kevin, I am pleased too.. In fact the area to wash the cars was unknown to me and is a nice bonus!!! TurboLuigi may want to take advantage of that!!! <Don't use hotel towels for your wheels though ;) The fairgrounds has a wash area but it is right in a gravel lot...
Things are looking good!!!
See everyone next week! Chris *89x2*

Gentlemen - I hate to "rain" on your parade, but there has been a ban on washing cars in the Carlisle and surrounding areas for some time now. One can only wash cars at a facility that uses recycled water such as a do-it-yourself car wash. There has been some debate within the community as to whether or not we should allow an exception for the Fairgrounds, but I'm sure that you cannot legally wash your car at the hotel. However, if you choose to ignore the local regulations - then that's your business. Be advised, an over-zealous policeman may decide to make an example of someone with a $500 fine. I suggest you call the Fairgrounds to see if they will have car washing facilities on site.

PA79 Native said:

Gentlemen - I hate to "rain" on your parade, but there has been a ban on washing cars in the Carlisle and surrounding areas for some time now. One can only wash cars at a facility that uses recycled water such as a do-it-yourself car wash. There has been some debate within the community as to whether or not we should allow an exception for the Fairgrounds, but I'm sure that you cannot legally wash your car at the hotel. However, if you choose to ignore the local regulations - then that's your business. Be advised, an over-zealous policeman may decide to make an example of someone with a $500 fine. I suggest you call the Fairgrounds to see if they will have car washing facilities on site.

Ouch!

I double checked and at the hotel, we are o.k. to wash cars...
TurboLuigi, I will pack a few towels and a chamois, etc so you can use your room for the baggage you will carry.
If I can take care of anything else before hand or during the event, just ask and I will do my best. Regards, Chris *89x2*

I think you guys will be pleased with the hotel. It's located in a small suburb and the way the parking lot is situated,security is very good. It's a very good location and the 17 mile drive to the Carlisle fairgrounds is very relaxing. Relax,folks,,we're going to have a great time.
At the fairgrounds,your cars will be parked on grass fields and the roads are paved. I only have one warning for you first-timers, though. This event is probably the best Corvette event in the world and attending it every year will become an addiction. I know,,I've been every year since '97.

USA ZR1 said:
I think you guys will be pleased with the hotel. It's located in a small suburb and the way the parking lot is situated,security is very good. It's a very good location and the 17 mile drive to the Carlisle fairgrounds is very relaxing. Relax,folks,,we're going to have a great time.
At the fairgrounds,your cars will be parked on grass fields and the roads are paved. I only have one warning for you first-timers, though. This event is probably the best Corvette event in the world and attending it every year will become an addiction. I know,,I've been every year since '97.

Clint, Don't forget the "Other Warning" of, BRING YOUR OWN SHADE!!! I have an E Z UP and EricVonHa has a shade tent as well... There are roughly 5 trees on the entire property;)
See ya in a few days! Chris *89x2*

Chris is serious on the shade issue... none to be found anywhere short of hanging out at the pavillions (3 maybe?) or bringing your own shade apparatus. My little gizmo cost me like $40 at Kmart... ask me if I still have all the pieces to put it together :L I think I'll do a test assembly here at the house prior to leaving... if it works, everyone is welcome to borrow some shade. Reserve your time slots early. :L

EricVonHa said:
Chris is serious on the shade issue... none to be found anywhere short of hanging out at the pavillions (3 maybe?) or bringing your own shade apparatus. My little gizmo cost me like $40 at Kmart... ask me if I still have all the pieces to put it together :L I think I'll do a test assembly here at the house prior to leaving... if it works, everyone is welcome to borrow some shade. Reserve your time slots early. :L
The LT5 Registry has a nice-sized tent/booth at the fairgrounds that you're always welcome to stop by and cool off.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom