Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hotels in Bowling Green

king80vette

Corvette
1980 Blue Coupe
I’m planning to take a trip in March to Bowling Green to tour the assembly plant and the museum. Can someone recommend a hotel? Are there anyother good things to see in the area?

king80vette said:
I’m planning to take a trip in March to Bowling Green to tour the assembly plant and the museum. Can someone recommend a hotel? Are there anyother good things to see in the area?
contact the NCM as they have discount deals with some.

www.corvettemuseum.com and follow the links to hotels, etc.

There are 3 places out by the NCM and the plant if you want to be real close. The Country Hearth is right across the street from the NCM. When the NCM is not having an event, this is a good place to stay.

I like the Holiday Inn in the University Plaza area. It's a little farther drive away but closer to most of the best restaurants. The Hampton Inn is okay also.

Other things to see: Hummm!
Holley headquarters is in BG and they do tours.
There are several old homes and plantations in the area worth a visit.
There is a Shaker village museum not far outside of town.
The town square is nice - eat at 440 Main!
Lost River Cave.
Mammoth Cave is just an hour north.
Lots to see and do in BG.

Check out the NCM website for more leads.

OK Thanks everyone for the info. It looks like were going to be there March 9, 10 and 11th.

Another excellent source for BG info.....www.visitbgky.com or call the Visitor's Bureau at 800-326-7465 for a free brochure listing hotels, shopping attractions, restaurants, etc.

Thanks for the info. I have booked 3 nights in March. I will contact the Visitor's Bureau. I only wish I was picking up a new vette.

We visited last summer, we stayed at the Hampton Inn, they are always nice. We went twice to the factory and once to the museum. Also to Lost River Cave and Mammoth Cave both were nice IF you like caves. We also did a driving tour in the national park around Mammoth Cave which was nice to see some different countryside.
Have fun! The Factory tour was worth the trip! Pictures of my trip online at-
http://myweb.cableone.net/kd5fx/BGTrip/bgtrip.htm
Enjoy!

DocOhm said:
We visited last summer, we stayed at the Hampton Inn, they are always nice...

Yeah, they are. When they ask you for a description of your vehicle when you check in, tell 'em it's the Corvette in the parking lot. They've never heard that before...;) :L

DO NOT stay at the Continental which is the closest to the assembly plant. I was there last Thursday night. The motel is occupied mostly by construction crews with long term rentals and these are young guys who like to drink, holler and party most of the night. The motel is old, dirty and way past needing restoration my guess is that the construction guys don't pay more than $100 a week at most to stay there. Yes, its that bad.

The staff just plain do not like Corvette folks. We were called some of "those" folks when we complained (and they did nothing). They charged us $91 for one night. We had prepaid reservations for three nights and walked away from the place and our additional $182.00 for two more nights after the one night.

The Country Hearth across from the museum is much nicer with friendly staff and the rate was $64. I can recommend it.

DO NOT eat at the Jerry's adjoining the Continental, its dirty, the help looks like they are all homeless and the food is poor.

Good restaurants (All off I-65, Exit 22, the museum is beside Exit 28) -
Smokey Bones - BBQ, excellent
Ruby Tuesday - a good one
Fridays - also a good one

TheSearcher, you just saved my butt! I made reservations earlier today at the Continental for my friend and his wife and my wife and I in two rooms there. I wanted something at Exit 28 and the Continental and Country Hearth Inn were the only two. The AAA book did not show a difference between the two so I picked the one closest to the factory (for the 9:00 tour).

I just cancelled those reservations after making two at the Country Hearth Inn. They even have a free continental breakfast, which the AAA book did not state.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your post!!

JC4 - You are welcome, enjoy.

I have a confession to make. The executive director of the museum invited our club out to his farm for a BarBQue and our club started from the museum. After passing over the last speed bump on our way out, each of us attempted a small burn out in the museum parking lot. I switched my A4 over to competitive driving and simply floored it without holding the brake and proceeded to smoke 'em for over 100 feet - much better than any of the C5s with 6 speeds in front of me. But then, mine ain't stock either.

We got busted and our hands were slapped, as we forgot about all the web cams.

for future ref:

We hit the microtel at exit 22.. its only a HOP down the interstate to the NCM and plant... has free internet access and cont. breakfast. etc etc
clean and decent parking
Cracker Barrel next door and Waffel House too

Has anyone ever stayed at the Bryce, up the road in Smith's corner? I'm planning on a trip to BG next week (May 26th) for the forum.Thanks for any advice.
David

Hotels

I stayed at the Marriott when I visited in December.........no complaints.....

As a followup, just stayed (6/26) at the Ramada at Exit 22. Thought "how bad could a Ramada be?" Well, I won't be staying there again. Place is undergoing renovation, but it was still trashy and understaffed. Lights weren't plugged in/bulbs burnt out, needed to ask for the right amount of towels, towel bar had been ripped from the walls. Maybe after the renovation, it will be better, but I won't risk it. From the outside anyway, the Microtel and the Drury looked good.

I agree. I have been to Bowling Green many times over the last 10 years and the Country Hearth is the place to stay, they also have rooms with hot tubs......nice. It is right across from the Musuem at reasonable rates and the Continental and Jerry's do SUCK.

Motel 6 was right across the street. And they'll leave the light on for you.

Other things to do

I liked the Holiday Inn at University Plaza. Nice place, and many awards in their showcase. Other things to do--The Patton Museum is about 75 miles north of the Museum and a nice drive. [I-65 to Joe Prather Hwy -313, to Hwy 31W going north. The Museum has a separate entrance at a light just a little north of the main gate to Fort Knox on Hwy 31W. It is a good half day museum. If you go make sure you have proof of insurance and registration and license are up to date, [and no contraband is in the vehicle].

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom