Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How Do I Test this thing????

69Crazy

As you can see in the attached picture, there is not much left of the interior of the '90 coupe. I had to replace the instrument panel to repair some damage done when a previous owner decided on a misguided radio replacement instead of fixing the BOSE. I also have error codes on the heater control that indicate the heater damper door is not operating. Since the programmer was replaced by the previous owner only a year ago, I don't want to just throw another programmer into the picture. So, my question. I want to test the control head for the Heater/AC while I can see the operation of the actuators. Do you think that I can safely reconnect the battery and run the system with the ignition on. I have disconnected (and removed) the DERM and also disconnected the SIR wiring at the steering column. There should be no other places to short out.....but what am I not considering??? :confused :confused :confused

Thanks for your help....this really is, by far, the best Corvette site!!!

Louie

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
Wow wadda MESS

However, I think you could repulg everything back in & make it go, making sure your grounds are going to some metal.

Try it out & report back.

Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom