Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How in the world???

M

MichelP

I'm in the middle of a frame off rebuild and it's a mess deconstructing. There's a lot of rust, oil, grinding and welding goin on.
It's all over the place.
Now my question might be adressed to JohnZ or Rich Lagasse because I have seen theyre garages in Vette Fever and in theyre respective sites. Those 2 guys come first in my mind and I'm sure theres a lot of similar cases around.
How in the world do you keep youre garage so clean and neat?
I know you guys work in them I understand it's got to be youre organization skills but geez how do you do it?
Ok in other words what I'm trying to say is that I understand and respect the work these guys do much better now.
I understand and I respect the hard work it takes to to keep the shop so neat and clean.
Hats off guys.
Just a though!

You just can't let it get to the point where the debris is overwhelming; you have to take a break every now and then and clean up the mess. It's like working in the kitchen - you have to "clean as you go". :)

Oh yes I've notice that.
Can't leave the garage after any work I've done without picking up and cleaning up the mess. Specialy after the deconstruction of the car.
Sometimes I think it takes as long as the actual work LOL.
But it's got to be done and taken as part of the work I guess.
Thank for your reply and the inspiration you provide me.
That's a great garage you have there and after reading the articles I've changed a few things in the construction of mine. (we were in the middle of building the house).

Any advice given by Johnz has got to be taken seriously LOL.

John is right. Every once in a while you just have to stop long enough to clean things up, re-organize all the parts and put away all the tools. Just did that this past weekend.

Some days I end up being as filthy as the garage. Lately, after coming up from a session polishing parts, my wife just hands me a towel and points to the shower....... :D

Rich Lagasse

Lately, after coming up from a session polishing parts, my wife just hands me a towel and points to the shower....... :D

Rich Lagasse

It's those 24k-gold taps and marble tub/Roman bath in your garage that freak me out, Rich. ;)

I know the feeling about the wife not wanting me to even touch the door from the garage to the house without cleaning up first. LOL
Got me worried not long ago, she found out how brake cleaner was effective on grease. and wanted to "spray" me with the thing! LOL

I realize that it's not only about doing one thing at a time and taking the time to rebuild or do things right.
It's also about including the cleaning up and reorganizing tools and stuff as part of the procedure. And a lot of us forget about that. I do anyway. It's a little bit like taking the time to stop and take pics in order to remember how a certain part was dissassembled. Got to be done.

24k-gold taps and marble tub/Roman bath in your garage?
Yeah that's also freakin me out...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom