Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How Ironic!

Corvette
1999 Torch Red Coupe
How Ironic!

I am posting this in the event that the driver didnt actually own the car, and it belongs to some one here, or some one you may know-
Driving home from work yesterday at 3:45PM, in my Bonneville on the Jersey Turnpike south bound, Western spur, stop and go traffic for miles. I came to a complete stand still just past the toll plaza and than THUD!, some one hits me from behind. No major deal, but enough to warrant getting out to take a look.

I got hit by a black C6!!!! The guy driving didn’t speak a word of English and the car still had the temp tag in the window. He had a noticeable scratch where the front hit my bumper, I had no visible damage. He didn’t even want to look at first. No exchange of papers.

How ironic.

I wonder if that is the first accident across the nation to involve the C6? Sounds like this guy didn't learn quick enough how far his nose really sticks out there. I always stop so that I can see the bottoms of the tires of the person in front of me. Also gives you enough space in case someone rearends you. However, I know if you leave that much space on the Turnpike, you will never get anywhere. Happy Thanksgiving!

Bumpers

the OLDGOAT remembers when cars, even Corvettes, had bumpers. You know, steel, plated with chrome. Then came "energy absorbing" bumpers. Then they did away with the bumpers and you had foam filled plastic/vinyl. Cars also , long ago, were designed to minimize door nicks. Some even had soft vinyl inserts on trim to absorb impacts. No more. I'm thinking that if I ever get a C6 I'll crunch the front and rear a bit and intentionally nick the sides a couple of times. Then I won't dwell on it anymore. I might even throw a hand full of gravel at the windshield for a few nicks there. Then it would be a "driver" and not a garage queen ( or king....the OLDGOAT knows that times have changed! ) This is a curious accident. Even though the guy didn't speak english he obviously knows about car insurance! A rear end collision on his record....... I think I would have been tempted to give him a big hug. Reminds me of a guy I knew 20 years ago who had just gotten a new Porsche something or other ( they all look the same to me ) and had it parked half in his garage when his wife put the door down on the hood. It's just a car right?

OLDGOAT said:
the OLDGOAT remembers when cars, even Corvettes, had bumpers. You know, steel, plated with chrome. Then came "energy absorbing" bumpers. Then they did away with the bumpers and you had foam filled plastic/vinyl. Cars also , long ago, were designed to minimize door nicks. Some even had soft vinyl inserts on trim to absorb impacts. No more. I'm thinking that if I ever get a C6 I'll crunch the front and rear a bit and intentionally nick the sides a couple of times. Then I won't dwell on it anymore. I might even throw a hand full of gravel at the windshield for a few nicks there. Then it would be a "driver" and not a garage queen ( or king....the OLDGOAT knows that times have changed! ) This is a curious accident. Even though the guy didn't speak english he obviously knows about car insurance! A rear end collision on his record....... I think I would have been tempted to give him a big hug. Reminds me of a guy I knew 20 years ago who had just gotten a new Porsche something or other ( they all look the same to me ) and had it parked half in his garage when his wife put the door down on the hood. It's just a car right?

Very true, I was expecting some a-hole driving a nazi built car and gabbing on a cell phone, looking at me like it my fault.

Nope, not the first! A post containing a silver C6 with front end damage was posted a few months ago. Wouldnt it be great to say that this is the last?!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom