Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How long before I know?

loustereptx

Corvette
Black '58
Hello CAC Members:

I just sold my '58 and ordered a C7. First the dealer said 3 months, then 6. I put my $ where my mouth is on Jan 13, 2014. I'm supposed to pick it up at the museum but need to make plans. Will they give you enough lead time?

Haven't heard a PEEP from anyone. Any ideas?

Any info/experience is appreciated,
Lou in El Paso

First of all - did you get an order number? :w

Welcome to CAC!!
enjoy!!

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

First of all let me welcome you aboard, we're glad you've joined us. I would think the best resource and most current updates would surely come from the salesman you dealt with at the dealership. Did he give you a build date or estimate at least? There is some scuttlebut about a strike at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green lets hope they settle that and divert a strike! Bowling Green UAW Workers 'Confident' Strike Can Be Avoided | GM Authority

Again welcome.
-Bill

Sounds like the dealer might have taken a deposit without having a build authorization from GM. In other words. he has no clue when GM will even accept the order.

You might be right calbert but usually build/ delivery and etc. is a conversation you have before you give them a deposit or at least that is the way I would want it. Before the transfer of any greenbacks I want a contract with all of my questions and concerns address and signed off by the dealership representative responsible.You're saying he may not get a build slot at the factory? Something surely smells here for sure if the salesman can give him any information on a build date or anything for that matter!

-Bill

Welcome, Lou. Congrats on the C7!

Welcome to the :CAC

As stated above, you need to verify that your dealer had / has a GM Build Authorization number.

A strike vote is just posturing, this lets BGA know that the UAW members are serious.
Striking is a possibility for sure. The big thing is do you have an order number? Without it your in for a long wait and then they will call or just send your deposit back. First thing you want to ask a salesman is do they have an allocation for the vehicle you want, coupe or convertible. Does the dealer sell lots of Vetts? or non at all? If not you will have to go dealer hunting.

Still waiting

u
First of all - did you get an order number? :w

I have an order number and have been checking the GM Vehicle Tracking site...No File Found.
I'll ask the dealer about the Build Authorization Number.

Thanks,
Lou

>put my $ where my mouth is on Jan 13, 2014

Seems like a dealership I'd rather stay away from - I hope you used your credit card and can cancel the down payment - that's what I'd do.

2014 or 2015? you have understand that the backorder of Corvettes will probably put you in a 2015. What have you ordered? 2015 starts in July. Last i have info on is BG is at 9 per hour.

Still wondering

2014 or 2015? you have understand that the backorder of Corvettes will probably put you in a 2015. What have you ordered? 2015 starts in July. Last i have info on is BG is at 9 per hour.

I paid my down payment on 1/13/14. I ordered a 2014 but was warned that I might get a 2015. I've heard nothing since. My salesman acts like it's out of his hands and I need to take it up with GM. What do you guys think?

I paid my down payment on 1/13/14. I ordered a 2014 but was warned that I might get a 2015. I've heard nothing since. My salesman acts like it's out of his hands and I need to take it up with GM. What do you guys think?

Sales person can tell you where your order is at or you may have luck here.Connects | GM vehicle order tracking
Lead units were built some time in March and 2015 startup should be about 10 days before the 4th July, looks like the plant will not shut down for the normal 2 weeks around 4th July. I wouldnt be suprised if your hits the dealer first of August.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure if I was in your place I wouldn't ask to talk to the dealer or at least sales manager. The salesman job is to take care and answer any questions you may have. He should treat you like you're his only customer he has to worry about, he essentially works for you, this is how he makes a living! Maybe he has not got anything he thinks to tell you but you should have after the order goes into the system be able to give you a good tentative build date and close ETA.

-Bill

Hello CAC Members:

I just sold my '58 and ordered a C7. First the dealer said 3 months, then 6. I put my $ where my mouth is on Jan 13, 2014. I'm supposed to pick it up at the museum but need to make plans. Will they give you enough lead time?

Haven't heard a PEEP from anyone. Any ideas?

Any info/experience is appreciated,
Lou in El Paso

Congrats on your C7 order!

I know you must be excited :thumb. Let us know if you have any additional questions via private message.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

still waiting for an answer

William R. ( Chevrolet Customer Care )

What do you mean "any other questions?" Please answer this one first...When can I expect to pick up my C7? The salesman wouldn't/couldn't give me a Build Authorization Number like CAC members suggested.

extremely disappointed with GM and Rudolph Chevrolet in El Paso,
Lou

Dont blame GM they just build the vehicle the dealer has to have an authorization # to order a vehicle. If the dealership sells just a few Corvettes a year they may only get a few authorizations a year and may trade them for vehicles they can sell easily. You have only had your order in for a Corvette since 1/13/14 thats 13 work weeks not counting the week of lead unit builds. Go to you dealership and find out who is the Sales Manager, that person know or can find out if they have an authorization and order number.

Redvet's right. I would guess GM has never heard of you, and the dealer has your money, and no prospect of getting a car anytime soon. Either cool your heels or get your money back and purchase a car from the many dealers that actually have cars in stock.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom