Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

...how long until Callaway releases #001 of THIS!!!!

*89x2*

:eek

This dude got some great pics of the REAL car :upthumbs

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I saw those pics yesterday. In particular, picture 2 and the one of the rear look REALLY cool!

I think Callaway would be making a big mistake if they didn't offer a power package for the car, but I wouldn't advise them to attempt an aerobody for it. I've tried creating one for it in Photoshop multiple times, and nothing looks better than what is already there. At most, a grill, hood, or spoiler combo. :upthumbs

CHRIS, ITS GOT A HITCH; YOU COULD TOW THE TRAILER WITH IT.

;LOLtrue, so true :beer

I saw those pics yesterday. In particular, picture 2 and the one of the rear look REALLY cool!

I think Callaway would be making a big mistake if they didn't offer a power package for the car, but I wouldn't advise them to attempt an aerobody for it. I've tried creating one for it in Photoshop multiple times, and nothing looks better than what is already there. At most, a grill, hood, or spoiler combo. :upthumbs

I think the front and the side profile looks great. The back looks a bit squashed, like the trunk lid is pushed down too far ;squint: A spoiler would help, I am sure.
attachment.php
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4002&d=1205192383

Personally I think the squashed look to it looks MEEEEAAAAANN!!!
gr_devil.gif

Funny seeing the hitch, I imagine designed for those 5th wheel diagnostic tools. I really love the car, though I'm not a fan of the tail either. The concept looked alot better than that. What car ever has flair "UP" at the shoulders? Certainly not the 69 model design sample.
A Callaway version would (should) be awesome! hint..hint

GM's Accessory company is headed in some awful directions with the production Camaro. Yuck.
medium_2367701443_e535ca63a1_o.jpg

medium_2367701399_bc26b5933d_o.jpg

medium_2367701341_64706fd1d8_o.jpg

medium_2368535044_ab6cc8c599_o.jpg

medium_2368535008_2437213711_o.jpg

I like the wheels in the very last picture, but the rest is garbage that belongs on a Dodge. It's very tacky just like the Daytona Charger. ;squint: Where is the elegance?

I'm glad you guys agree. Some of the kids on the Camaro messageboards have been gung-ho about this, and it just looks awful.

ALL of it is " Butt Ugly !"

I agree - that last pic w/ the back end showing, is HORRIBLE!!!

Hard lined edges, must be in. Steve Saleen, before he left the company, said they would build a Saleen camaro. I can only imagine that it would look (as bad) as that :ugh

very nice car,

and than with a 580 HP supercharger :ugh

2009 ZR1 bye bye :W

it will take more than 580. the zr1 has 638 and is 500 lbs lighter, but they are considering the "caddy" detuned LS9 with a blower that will put out about 550.

the "hockey stripes" do look like the dodge stuff. some of the tacky add ons seem very popular but spoil the basic lines.

I'd like to see them put two ecotec 4s together into a V8 and use the turbo hardware to build a TT V8. it would provide some pretty good torq and rev to the moon. but it looks like the next big displacement DOHC northstar replacement engine has been canned, so that won't likely make the camaro.

a TVS LS9 full boogie camaro would be cool they should build it now!!

I'd like to see them put two ecotec 4s together into a V8 and use the turbo hardware to build a TT V8. it would provide some pretty good torq and rev to the moon. but it looks like the next big displacement DOHC northstar replacement engine has been canned, so that won't likely make the camaro.
They did that with Quad-4's in the late 80's. Though no turbos. I don't think two blocks really go together that well though, makes more sense to design as a V8 I'd imagine.

It is too bad the next premium V8 arch got canned, I bet with newer stuff like direct injection and whatnot, it really would have cooked. LT5 power from 4.6L would probably have been easy. Then throw on the boost, and watch out.

They are running out of cars to put them in, though. The XLR and STS sell pretty terribly. And the CTS uses a pushrod motor for the V. Most of the midsize cars won't fit a DOHC V8, and/or are front wheel drive. And with truck sales tanking, I can't imagine an SRX-V is in the works... I guess it's not to be.

The LS9 is going to be the standard SS V8 rated at about 400 HP, and the LS3 is going to be an optional SS engine rated at about 422 HP. Supercharging either one should be easy enough, but in my opinion, that's enough HP to have some fun with.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom