Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How Many 415 Cars Are Out There?

• Thread starter Thread starter Joe Shown
  • Start date Start date
J

Joe Shown

I started a thread on the ZR-1 Net several weeks ago in attempts to learn how many 415 cars had been built. The response so far has accounted for the following:

1. Phil DeJohn,
2. Paul Dehnert
3. Kurt White
4. Paul Smith
5. Joe Shown
6. Joel Corbett
7. Will Barrett LPE 415 Texas
8. Sanjay Mehta LPE 415 Texas
9. Hal Hunnicutt LPE 415
10.Kevin Zasio Milstead 415
11.John Smarsh Jeal 415

Anyone own or know of any other 415 cars? From conversations with several knowledgable folks the best estimate is about two dozen.

Joe Shown
1990 Jeal 415

Wayne Hale--LPE 415, SGC tuned to about 580 rwhp (0-150-0 car in 23.3 seconds in magazines)

Nathan Davis--Jeal 415

Thanks Demps. So that is the car that smoked everyone like a cheap cigar in the Car & Driver shoot out. I have great hopes for mine in the August "One Mile Shoot Out" held near Arnold Nebraska. My 91 ZR-1 with a Haibeck plenum job and headers ran 164 MPH in last August's event, 5 MPH more than the fastest Viper entered. I believe the 415 to be at least 10 MPH faster. We shall see. Thanks again, I will add them to the list.

Joe Shown:Steer

It would be also interesting to know what company did the 415 build for each of these listed.:D

South Georgia Corvettes first 415 here. 1,400 miles and running very strong after 1 month. I love driving that car. I have already gone through a barrel of race gas. Good thing I have two. Time to re-order. :)
Life is good!

CKA_Racing said:
It would be also interesting to know what company did the 415 build for each of these listed.:D

Thanks 4cefed. What is your name so I can put you on the list?
Hope to take mine out when the weather clears up here in Nebraska. Can't let you have all of the fun.

You have me on the list already. My name is Joel Corbitt.

Thanks Joel. What kind of dyno numbers does your engine make? I hope to have mine at the dyno shop in the next month. I have to drive 300 miles to Omaha to have it done.

Joe

It was 532 hp @ 6,500 rpm (shut down at 6,500). 492 tq @ 4,800 rpm SAE. This was at the rear tires. I have a basic 415, stock valves, non siamesed plenum.

Whoa! Rock and Roll! That is monster power. I can hardly wait to see what my dyno results will be. Have you found that traction is but a fantasy? So far, I have found first gear almost useless unless I have drag raidials on the car.

Joe:Steer

I run drag radials and find first gear traction limited. The way I have found around this is to slip the clutch a little in first and short shift first as well. These motors have so much torque that second will pull hard even down a little lower in rpm band.
Second gear is a little crazy but I just stay in it and power slid it a little, just enough to leave rubber on the pavement.

What is your setup like? Is it a LPE 415 or a Jeal 415?

Mine is a Jeal. I sent him a note a few days ago asking if there were any specific maintenance items I should be aware of but have not had a reply yet. Looks like I will have to pull the plenum on the car to get my cruise and HV/AC to work because of vacum gremlins. I appreciate all of the information you have provided.

# NAME TUNER STATE
1. Phil DeJohn LPE 415 TEXAS
2. Paul Dehnert LPE 415 ?
3. Kurt White KIRCHOFER 415 INDIANA
4. Paul Smith LPE 415 TEXAS
5. Joe Shown JEAL 415 NEBRASKA
6. Joel Corbett SGC 415 TEXAS
7. Will Barrett LPE 415 TEXAS
8. Sanjay Mehta LPE 415 TEXAS
9. Hal Hunnicutt LPE 415 ?
10. Kevin Milstead ? 415 ?
11. John Smarsh JEAL 415 ?
13. Wayne Hale LPE 415 ?
14. Nathan Davis JEAL 415 ?
15. Julio Vidal SGC 415 FLORIDA
16. RodDeWild ? 415 ?

Sorry, I pushed the wrong button before I was finished. The previous list is what I have thus far. If you can answer any of the questions please let me know.

Joe Shown

Jeal & Sons have built 9 ea 415s. 3 385s and about 20 368 motors.

2 415s Switzerland (Names withheld unless owners update thiis post.
2 415s Germany (As above)
1 415 Cliff Barrett UK
4 415s USA

Geoff Jeal

Here is the latest in my poll on the number of 415 LT5's built. I have included only 415 C.I.D. cars for now.

# NAME TUNER STATE
1. PHIL DeJOHN LPE 415 NEW YORK
2. PAUL DEHNERT LPE 415 TEXAS
3. KURT WHITE KIRCHOFER 415 FLORIDA
4. PAUL SMITH LPE 415 TEXAS
5. JOE SHOWN JEAL 415 NEBRASKA
6. JOEL CORBETT SGC 415 TEXAS
7. WILL BARRETT LPE 415 TEXAS
8. SANJAY MEHTA LPE 415 TEXAS
9. HAL HUNNICUTT LPE 415 N. CAROLINA
10. Kevin ZASIO MILSTEAD 415 TEXAS
11. JOHN SMARSH JEAL 415 VIRGINIA
13. WAYNE HALE LPE 415 TENNESEE
14. NATHAN DAVIS JEAL 415 INDIANA
15. ROD De WILD ? 415 ?
16. CLIFF BARRETT JEAL 415 U.K.
17. JACK HERRICK Vette Dr’s 415 NEW YORK
18. UNKNOWN JEAL 415 SWITZERLAND
19 UNKNOWN JEAL 415 SWITZERLAND
20. UNKNOWN JEAL 415 GERMANY
21. UNKNOWN JEAL 415 GERMANY

Joe Shown :Steer

Us Texas folk sure likes the speed!

:crazy :pat :Steer

I think the total possible number is 30. If somebody has contrary info, please speak up but I think this is right. Jerry Cruise (sp)? has sold 25 415 crankshafts and Sonny Bryant has done 5.
Not all of these are in motors right now so I don't know the total number of "built 415's" but I think the answer is somewhere between 21 and 27. Mine might be the only 415 built so far with the Sonny Bryant crankshaft production run. In addition, LPE might have assembled 1 so far with the Sonny Bryant crankshaft.

4cefed said:
I think the total possible number is 30. If somebody has contrary info, please speak up but I think this is right. Jerry Cruise (sp)? has sold 25 415 crankshafts and Sonny Bryant has done 5.
Not all of these are in motors right now so I don't know the total number of "built 415's" but I think the answer is somewhere between 21 and 27. [/B]

One of the SB cranks is waiting to be put in my car.
Waiting to get on Arron's list.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom