Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How Many 415 Cars Are Out There?

• Thread starter Thread starter Joe Shown
  • Start date Start date
Aaron's list.... that is one Painfull list, but worth the wait

That bad Julio ?

It's not that bad.......

Julio, talked to Aaron today, said he was waiting on your valves to come in..... My motor is next inline...... not to much longer now.

Valves, were supposed to get there today (friday), Do you know if he was still waiting for them to arrive today?
Did he tell you if my short block was done?

Jeffvette said:
It's not that bad.......

Julio, talked to Aaron today, said he was waiting on your valves to come in..... My motor is next inline...... not to much longer now.

Hey maybe that's why I couldn't get through to Aaron - did you talk a long time? Anyway, I wasn't able to get him on the phone (busy tone for 2 days - very weird), and thus didn't drop by his shop. Sorry Jeff and Julio - I was keen to see the shop, but not keen enough to bust some windows!!:J

xsmph said:
Valves, were supposed to get there today (friday), Do you know if he was still waiting for them to arrive today?
Did he tell you if my short block was done?

I don't think he had gotten them in yet. Otherwise I think he would have said you would have been almost done. I do think the short block is finished.

Talked to him again on Monday and he was supposed to be picking my motor up on tuesday...... Damn I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Just need Greg to finish the heads though as well.

Dwight, I didn't talk to Aaron to long, not more than ten minutes or so. i try to keep it short with him as I want my motor as well as everybody elses to have his complete attention.

That's cool Jeff - I didn't think you were tying him up - I started trying to get hold of him a couple of days before, and the phone was busy - must've been a technical glitch. Anyway - once I was toward the north end of Florida, I called around 6:00 pm, and I think he had finished up for the day, as I got through, but no answer.

Hopefully yours and Julio's will be done soon. I'll be talking to Graham in BG this weekend about his latest iteration of 415 motors with the stage III cams - I'll let all know what the word is.

:beer

Julio, just got off the phone with Aaron, he is still waiting on your valves. Everything else is ready.

Currently he is assemblying my shortblock while waiting on the heads from Greg. My camshafts should be in next week. So I'm getting closer.

Hope you having fun with the new child.

The S.S valves will be arriving to his shop on Thur. or Frd. They were shipped to him yesterday.. I still think I'm 6-10 weeks before it is done.. painfull, but it will be worth it when I smash the Loud Pedal...

Julio - the car is going to be ready just in time for the rainy season, no? I'm sure you'll be able to find a moment in the wee hours of the morning to test and tune the beast!! I can't wait for your car to get done - you're gonna have the perma smile pasted across your face!! You may not even the the juice!!

HA HA - I knew you'd get a kick out of that - you've GOT to spray that mo-fo!!:s :J :upthumbs

xsmph said:
The S.S valves will be arriving to his shop on Thur. or Frd. They were shipped to him yesterday.. I still think I'm 6-10 weeks before it is done.. painfull, but it will be worth it when I smash the Loud Pedal...

Hey Julio, at this rate I think mine might be done before yours :D

I like N/A power the most.. Nitrous assisted that is..

Joe Shown said:
I started a thread on the ZR-1 Net several weeks ago in attempts to learn how many 415 cars had been built. The response so far has accounted for the following:

1. Phil DeJohn,
2. Paul Dehnert
3. Kurt White
4. Paul Smith
5. Joe Shown
6. Joel Corbett
7. Will Barrett LPE 415 Texas
8. Sanjay Mehta LPE 415 Texas
9. Hal Hunnicutt LPE 415
10.Kevin Zasio Milstead 415
11.John Smarsh Jeal 415

Anyone own or know of any other 415 cars? From conversations with several knowledgable folks the best estimate is about two dozen.

Joe Shown
1990 Jeal 415

Does anyone know of one that is for sale? IM or email privately please.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom