Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 How many CE LT4s were built

1996 LT4 Topic

Dammit man

Corvette
1996 LT4 CE
For the record. How many CE LT4 corvettes were made. I can only see 750 - 900. Who can give me the right number.

I don't believe that actually answers the question. That page shows the number of LT4's produced and the number of Collector's Edition cars produced. But it doesn't seem to show the number of cars that were _both_.

I never thought about that before. And owning an LT4 CE myself, I'm now quite curious to know the answer.

- Skant

Skant said:
I don't believe that actually answers the question. That page shows the number of LT4's produced and the number of Collector's Edition cars produced. But it doesn't seem to show the number of cars that were _both_.

I never thought about that before. And owning an LT4 CE myself, I'm now quite curious to know the answer.

- Skant
I thought it showed both Collector's Edition Production Numbers . . . LT1's & LT4's . . .

6 shooter is correct. 1,540 CE Coupes W/LT4 and 469 CE Verts W/LT4.

Here's another site www.wright.edu/~mathews.5/ that has the breakdown on Collector Edition and Regular Production LT1's and LT4's, look under Prod. #'s.
I hope this helps.

LT4 -Mike.

Hmmmm

Wow - One of 1500 of those sits in my garage. Maybe I should hang onto mine. All original, no drips or spills, fresh clutch, and still seems to turn heads. Reduce that number by about 300 for bad luck and/or poor decisions and maybe these things really are "collector editions"

Oddly (or maybe not) there are more CE's than most other color option cars. For instance my Arctic White LT4 with Black Leather and F45 Suspension is one of only 18......

Shriker said:
Oddly (or maybe not) there are more CE's than most other color option cars. For instance my Arctic White LT4 with Black Leather and F45 Suspension is one of only 18......
it does seem strange that the regular prod. colors are more rare than the CE and even the GS. I have a yellow LT4 with grey int. and a Z51..... one of a kind!!!!

I got my 96 CE this summer. One of 68 LT4 convertible CE's with red interior. Mine came from the factory with every available option. It even has a spare tire. No delete. I have not been able to find out how many CE's were built with every option like mine. Or even how many CE's came with the optional hardtop.

Wow Paul, sounds like you have a rare car indeed. Did you know that they only made 41 CE conv. red int. LT4, F45
27 CE conv. red int. LT4, FE1

Factor in that there where only 429 hardtop conv. in 96 for ALL colors and that you have the EMT option. I would say you have a car that only 5 or 6 where made!!!!!!!!
Vin #18473 is a red int. CE LT4 conv. with a hard top. Whats your VIN ????????

I intend to hold this car for a long time. We wanted a convertible so this was the only logical option. Zr1's are very cool, Z06 the same but neither come in convertible. So the LT4 was the best choice. I think we got kinda lucky finding a fully optioned car like we did. It was 1000 mile trip to get the car. It was in Texas we are in Indiana. I sent my info to the 1996 Corvette Registry but none of it has been added to the site. http://www.wright.edu/~mathews.5/ My vin is 107353

I agree with you... A LT4 Conv. is the ultimate C4. I sent my info into that site 2 yrs ago and it never got updated. Don't hold your breath. I've started my own registry and have collected 1200 VIN's since then. I love driving my LT4. If ya ever get up to the Detroit area, give me a shout!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom