Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many miles are you getting on your tires?

G

Gerry

I'm looking @ a 1999 hardtop with 26000 miles, and it appears as though the tires have at least 5000+ miles left on them. I'm curious to know how many miles some of you guys that don't race your cars on getting.

When I do have to replace them, how much does a new set of the original Goodyear tires cost?

FrankM

I can only give you my experience with the 17" wheels on my '88.

I barely could get 30k out of the OEM tires, noisy after 20k. Then I bought a set of Toyo brand and got 40k. They got noisy at 25k but I toughed it out.

I bought a set of Michelin last time around. I currently have 52k on them, hardly any noise. I expect to reach 60k easy with these tires.

They cost a few bucks more up front but are fantastic.

I never spin the tires and drive normal speeds, no hard cornering.

B/STOCK

Corvette
2000 Magnetic Red Vert & 2015 DSOM Coupe Z51-3LT
Original equipment Goodyear run flats are going for around $300 each for front and $360 each for rears. Many people don't care for the original equipment Goodyears because of noise and harshness of ride. GM leads you to beleieve you won't know you have a loss of air unless you are alerted by the warning chime. I had a small puncuture once and it felt and sounded like a good old flat. Not too impressed. Also 30k on these tires is tops. You can go with a conventional tire and a temp flat fix system like the ZO6 uses. Many are doing it. Good luck, Michael

D

derk3

My Goodyears are still new, but people I have spoken with either reccomend the Michelins or the Firestone runflats. They say both are quieter, softer and overall better than the OEMs.

danl72

Corvette
2008 C6 Coupe
I just got new Goodyears on my car. The old ones lasted to 42000 miles. A '99 coupe.

A

Arthur

Tires

I got around 28,000 miles on the first set. I live in the hills of North Carolina where there is no such thing as a straight road and I drive fast...... The first were also almost bald when replaced. I now have 48,000 miles on this 99 so I am starting to save up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom