Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How much more HP?

hogwild

What kind of HP gains will I see with a better exhaust,CAI, and a good dyno tune? Is it worth the effort or just enjoy the C6 as is?:W

I think it all depends on how much you're willing to spend. Doing things like a Veraram Air Intake and a Corsa exhaust will help make airflow more efficient, and you will pick up a bit in HP.

But it won't put you anywhere near the HP of a C6 Z06. To step up that kind of HP increase, you're probably looking something like a supercharger, which will certainly not be cheap.

But the good news is, even if you don't do anything, you'll still have a very car.

:w
-Patrick

What kind of HP gains will I see with a better exhaust,CAI, and a good dyno tune? Is it worth the effort or just enjoy the C6 as is?:W

From what I have read, you are looking at about 20-35 HP with just those mods. 35HP being on the high side. I was interested at first in putting $$$ into my car but realized I was afraid of breaking something or blowing up my engine. I don't know about you, but I cannot afford to replace an engine if I start adding turbos and super chargers to it. But it would be sweet to have!!!:cool

I am looking into just exhaust and CAI! :w

From my own experience; I have headers, Corsa mufflers, tune: It dynoed at 380 RWHP.

I would do it again, because now my C6 is not just an ordinary C6. :upthumbs

I was afraid of breaking something or blowing up my engine. I don't know about you, but I cannot afford to replace an engine if I start adding turbos and super chargers to it. But it would be sweet to have!!!:cool
I might be wrong, but I think the rev limiter would prevent an engine from blowing.

I might be wrong, but I think the rev limiter would prevent an engine from blowing.
Probably right, but I would think by adding turbos and chargers that you would have to change your computer settings which would do away with the rev limiter. Not sure but you are probably right. :cool

If you are asking, then I'd say probably no. Let's say you get another 30hp. (Best case scenario.) That's going to put you at around 380 or so. Right now you are 350-355 give or take. Here comes the deciding factor~

What can you do with 380 that you can't do with 350?

(I have 468 and there's nothing I can't do with 350 on the street...)

I have 520 and I can't do anything with it on the street but chicks think I'm cool. ;) Get gears headers first. Much more fun than CAI and exhaust.

On my 02, I did K&N filter and exhaust. It was Ok with some difference.

But.......when I installed 4.10 rear axle ratios replacing the 3.42's, it was amazing. 5th gear became a fun gear on the highway and 6th gear has some pull out there also. 1st thru 4th gears are like you added 100 HP. WOW and WOW. The best performance enhancement to date. It's about 2K to get the gears done, but everything else is untouched and factory reliable. Everybody wants to see under the hood and are baffled when they see nothing different.

AintQik is right on the button with doing gears. I just got my new '07 so I haven't looked into who offers the 4.10 gears for C6's yet. I'll still do the exhaust and K&N though. I need a bit more noise than stock.

I'll do the same with my new '07. It makes for quite a sleeper! ;)

Chuck M

On my 02, I did K&N filter and exhaust. It was Ok with some difference.

But.......when I installed 4.10 rear axle ratios replacing the 3.42's, it was amazing. 5th gear became a fun gear on the highway and 6th gear has some pull out there also. 1st thru 4th gears are like you added 100 HP. WOW and WOW. The best performance enhancement to date. It's about 2K to get the gears done, but everything else is untouched and factory reliable. Everybody wants to see under the hood and are baffled when they see nothing different.

AintQik is right on the button with doing gears. I just got my new '07 so I haven't looked into who offers the 4.10 gears for C6's yet. I'll still do the exhaust and K&N though. I need a bit more noise than stock.

I'll do the same with my new '07. It makes for quite a sleeper! ;)

Chuck M
, Can you quote me a general price for the 4:10 gears

3.90 gears, headers, highflow cats, cold air kit and a dyno tune. Keep the stock exhast there is probably only 2 rwhp difference if any and it will save you money for the things that work, like gears! Your car will feel like an animal with this.

I can put another 100hp on any LS series Vette for around $2500.00. A cam, new valvesprings, pushrods and longtube headers. If you want to get well over 500hp you can't do it without new heads. Heads are cheap if you buy them bare then rework them. Doing the work myself ofcourse for all above is around $3500.00. You'll find that running around with over 500hp will only make you thirsty for more. alot more. I almost forgot, add another $1500 for a new clutch, you'll need it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom