Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
Your correct,Corvette will soon take the place of Buick as the car of choice for old folks.I'll be 60 when I get my c-6.I'm old i'm bald a little plump(not bad)can't hear well and vision is fadeing.Why then Corvette? I've loved speed ,the first vett I rode in was stolen (1967).The grandchildren think i'm weard and cool at the same time.My wife thinks i'm immature (I am !).I can't afford anything faster.I could go on and on but it's time for a nap.:z Oh and my last one will be a C-7 or C-8 .

As long as you aren't portly or too big then you should have no problem sitting in a Corvette.

I'm 70 and I bought my yellow 2007 ZO6 in July from Mike Carr in Columbus, Ohio. Until then, I had a 2002 ZO6, also yellow, which I bought new on New Year's eve 2001. I also had a black '85 for a while and in the way distant past I had a new red 1968 427. I had to get rid of the 427 after a couple of years because my son was born and it was our only car.

I can't say enough good things about my present ZO6; it's superb. The others were great fun too; however, I can't help but dream about what it would have been like to have had the 2007 back when I was only about 31 years old.

TheBugster

Me and my sister almost bought a 69 Corvette but it was too difficult to drive as the clutch was too hard to push in and the shifter didn't shift smooth. Once we got in it we found out it is a safety hazard trying to get in and out. It puts you in a funny position. I couldn't see over the hood or backing the car couldn't see impossible to park.
It was just too small inside and once the car was running it got hot as hell in there made us sweat like pigs. I couldn't listen to my tunes:mad in the stereo in this car or hear my sister talk and she was right NEXT to me in person. There was no way I could hear my cell phone ring and it was on high. Car was too noisy maybe it needed new mufflers.:W I couldn't hear myself think so we told the owner he needed to get that fixed.
The car needed a new suspension and we told the owner that and we told him that it was overpriced because the suspension was worn out too and needed fixing. He said it was restored to factory new condition:crazy . We got bounced around like rag dolls very bumpy and uncomfortable. It was like riding a bull so I can see why you got rid of your 68 Corvette.

I'm not rich, bald, portly, or old. I'm 35, 6 ft, 190 lbs, blonde hair( lots), and a blue eyed semi- retired GM technician. Where does that put me in with "average" Corvette owners?:L

Old Farts ROCK!

I'm not rich, bald, portly, or old. I'm 35, 6 ft, 190 lbs, blonde hair( lots), and a blue eyed semi- retired GM technician. Where does that put me in with "average" Corvette owners?:L
Mini van or SUV , truck.

Ouch that hurts, I have never driven a minivan in my life. A fact I am proud of. Suvs and trucks are good for hauling things, but in general suck, I stick to fast cars.

Ouch that hurts, I have never driven a minivan in my life. A fact I am proud of. Suvs and trucks are good for hauling things, but in general suck, I stick to fast cars.
I didn't mean it that way but merely because of your large physical size you would be much more comfortable in a truck or SUV of bigger dimensions.

Believe it or not I am very comfortable in the Vette and all of the fbody cars I have owned. I guess it just depends on the person.

Believe it or not I am very comfortable in the Vette and all of the fbody cars I have owned. I guess it just depends on the person.
So luckily you aren't so limited like alot of people are because they have long legs or wide shoulders like football players. Give you a chance to drive an exotic car.

I'm not rich, bald, portly, or old. I'm 35, 6 ft, 190 lbs, blonde hair( lots), and a blue eyed semi- retired GM technician. Where does that put me in with "average" Corvette owners?

Well if plotted left to right, probably on the far left of the curve, and you must have done something right in life.

Many of us others have had to work long and hard to attain what we now have, which if analyzed is probably a significant contributing factor to the high percentage of over 50 ownership.

Good point, I have also worked hard to get my dream car, but have been lucky enough to have a family that supports my addiction to cars and car lifestyle. There are always more important things that could be done with money, but my family understands how much cars mean in my life.

[/quote]Many of us others have had to work long and hard to attain what we now have, which if analyzed is probably a significant contributing factor to the high percentage of over 50 ownership.[/quote]

Definitely true for me. I just ALWAYS wanted one. I think that makes me a more interesting person than wanting a Buick for all these years! :cool

I have a 2004 coupe and I was thinking about trading for a C-6. I test drove a 2005 and 2006 this week and still can't part with the 2004. Maybe someone can convince me to move on. Being in the largest age group for C-6 owners, maybe
I am getting dementia.

Many of us others have had to work long and hard to attain what we now have, which if analyzed is probably a significant contributing factor to the high percentage of over 50 ownership.[/quote]

Definitely true for me. I just ALWAYS wanted one. I think that makes me a more interesting person than wanting a Buick for all these years! :cool [/quote]
What?:confused

Moving on and up

I have a 2004 coupe and I was thinking about trading for a C-6. I test drove a 2005 and 2006 this week and still can't part with the 2004. Maybe someone can convince me to move on. Being in the largest age group for C-6 owners, maybe
I am getting dementia.

I was in the same boat you're in. What did it for me at the time was the fact I was lucky to get my hands on a 2005 Coupe (Precision Red - of all colors which I didnt even like and it was automatic), very early on (September 1, 2004). Mine '05 was one of only a handfull C6's in the entire Chicagoland area for a couple of months. Anyway, the point is, although at the time I bought it, the car was not all my first choice, but I talked myself into it, and after owning it for a while, I was very glad I did. Now, I finally parted with the car only to get an 07' Z06 Victory Red.

I guess thats why I didn't trade. It was not the color I really wanted, but the price and options with only 7000 miles had me hooked. However, I
decided to wait and find the right car. By the way, this one was red also,
hard to resist.

Many of us others have had to work long and hard to attain what we now have, which if analyzed is probably a significant contributing factor to the high percentage of over 50 ownership.[/quote]

Definitely true for me. I just ALWAYS wanted one. I think that makes me a more interesting person than wanting a Buick for all these years! :cool [/quote]
Definitely too old for me:_rock

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom