Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
I just brought home a beautiful Z 51 coupe ,lemans blue, only 4600Km and is a 2006 from a Chevy dealer in Ontario....my first Corvette... its absolutely like new, blue transparent roof and is a 3LT...my other cars are VW Jetta TDI 06 and an 02 Chev Silverado for pulling the boat around....wife has a Taurus....love the Vette wow! and Im 45 years old....daughters are grown up now, now its time I got a car I have always wanted...

Congratulations, LeMansBlueVette, and welcome to the :CAC

How about posting some pictures in the "Show Off Your C6s" thread.

Welcome. I still miss my 05 LeMans blue coupe. That color rocks on a C6.

I just brought home a beautiful Z 51 coupe ,lemans blue, only 4600Km and is a 2006 from a Chevy dealer in Ontario....my first Corvette... its absolutely like new, blue transparent roof and is a 3LT...my other cars are VW Jetta TDI 06 and an 02 Chev Silverado for pulling the boat around....wife has a Taurus....love the Vette wow! and Im 45 years old....daughters are grown up now, now its time I got a car I have always wanted...

Congrats LemansBlue....enjoy your new Vette....I sure enjoy mine....just wish this snow would go away....unusual for this part of country to have had the white four times now this winter. afew more weeks..:)

This has been an unusual winter so far, up here only had snow a few times and very little amount...it is still cold..seems all the snow is south this winter....thats ok for me! Getting anxious about the nice weather to come....

This has been an unusual winter so far, up here only had snow a few times and very little amount...it is still cold..seems all the snow is south this winter....thats ok for me! Getting anxious about the nice weather to come....

Well, hell, I sure wish you all could keep that white crap. I was coming home from work this last Thursday. It had started snowing here that morning and did not stop until after midnight. We got almost a foot of snow. When I "tried" to pull 'up' my driveway, guess what!! my Yukon would not go up my driveway. I kept slidng off the drive onto the yard and on my third attempt I got STUCK IN MY OWN YARD!!!! I was soooo furious....my Yukon has locking diff but that was not enough. I needed four wheel drive to get into my own driveway/garage. I do not own a snow blower. I sure needed one last week. I live in TEXAS. It's not supposed to do that where I live....maybe in the panhandle, but not in the Dallas area.....(I'm 45 min north). I don't know how you guys put up with that crap. Not me....this weather pattern needs to go away. That re-inforced why I don't like the snow. Give me warrrrrm!!! :confused

37 and a female Vette owner since I was 21. I'm sure I'm anything but the typical Vette owner.;)

Welcome from another newby (kinda). Seems like a great bunch of people on here. The next thing to do is post pics (they'll all say to ya)....!! Anyway, :) WELCOME.

I'm 63 and I drive a 66

Last summer I bought my first vette. It had came down to either the new '09 or the fully restored '66 fastback w/327 (360hp I think it was, single carb). The price was the same (couple grand more really for the '66 because '09 had been discounted sooo much) It was really a tough decision. I love the look of the C2 coupes. If ever presented w/decison between coupe or vert....on C2....hands down coupes....Those are the most beautiful vettes on the road (in my opinion). Financially, it would have been more 'wise' decision (financially speaking) because the C2 has already gone through it's depreciation phase and has climbed to the price of new vettes today and beyond....meaning the 66 g's I would've paid for the C2, it still would be wworth 66 g's when I got it home. Not the case w/ new vette. It came down to reliability (I want to road trip w/my vette) and I wanted my first vette to be mine meaning no one else has had the key (FOB). A C2 is NOT a car to leave on side of road waiting for wrecker to come p/u. When I'm get into my 60's (lord will'in and the creek don't rise) I might be wishing I would have bought that C2.....but what the hell....I got me a vette!!! Your '66, which engine does it have??

My 66 is a driver for the cruise nights here in the Chicago area. The original engine was a 350 hp and was long gone. I replaced a 350 crate engine with a 454 c.i. and a tremec 5-speed. This car is just fun to drive and can keep up with the newer vettes on the expressways.

My 66 is a driver for the cruise nights here in the Chicago area. The original engine was a 350 hp and was long gone. I replaced a 350 crate engine with a 454 c.i. and a tremec 5-speed. This car is just fun to drive and can keep up with the newer vettes on the expressways.

W/the 454 I'm quite sure it can. Another reason against me gettibg the C2 was no a/c. I live in Texas.....very hot/humid in summer. If I had my first vette already when I came across that '66 I would've got it. It appeared to be a really nice vette fully restored. Anyway nice ride.

Hey, I just noted that I rolled over from one age group to another. I ain't tellin' which one though. :boogie

I just voted and had to click the over 60 button, now where is that smiley with the beard and cane. :D

Though I don't have a C6 yet...I am looking for a nice deal on a 06 Z0 and will keep my 82 for weekend cruises.:thumb

Your never too old

I'm 63 and finally bought the car I've wanted for 45 years, a new Corvette.
I feel like I'm back in High School again. If there is any way to feel younger then this is it.

Hey, Rondz28 Great look Vette!
Got our Vette last month........

Great looking car.....:L

I did the Museum Delivery option when I ordered mine and would highly recommend it to anyone.

I have a red and ebony interior and really had a hard time deciding if that was what I really wanted. As it turned out I have had more people say that they like the color combination .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom