Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How old is the "average" C6 buyer?

What age group are you in?

• 21-29

Votes: 24 2.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 57 6.7%
  • 40-49

Votes: 170 19.9%
  • 50-59

Votes: 327 38.2%
  • 60 and up

Votes: 277 32.4%

• Total voters
I 've been saying that I am "50" for the last 5 years....but in actuality- right now I am 49...I guess when I am 50-55 years old , I will say that I am 60. I own a '78 Silver Anniversary Pace Car still untitled and just ordered the 2008 Pace Car commerative with automatic trans and hardtop with two sets of roof panels. It will be like father and son. Pace car scheduled to arrive in early May.
thanks

What sort of attention is required to maintain a car or prevent it from deteriorating while it sits unused for 20 years?

Hi Sprygeezer- It gets started once a month and in the Spring, Summer, and Fall I will drive around my street once or twice (like a 2 mile ride) (with no plates on it) just to keep the tires okay. Believe it or not it has almost 500 miles on it which averages to about 15 miles a year ! My garage is climate controlled so it stays dry all year 'round. I plan on using the new 2008 though a little more often and will have it registered. thanks for your interest.
Coz

I'm 31 and I just picked up my 3rd Corvette. A brand new '08 Black Coupe. I am so in lust with that car! Bought my first Corvette at the age of 23.

Jason

First Corvette

I'm 22 years old and just bought my first Corvette. 2008 Coupe with 7 miles on it. :)

I'm 22 years old and just bought my first Corvette. 2008 Coupe with 7 miles on it. :)

Welcome aboard, DotNet. I'm sure you'll find the CAC is a wealth of information about your new ride, and there's lots of great folks here.

Why not post some pics of your '08 when you get a chance?
:)

-Patrick

Well we have a Corvette and I am 35. It really belongs to my Dad and he's 56. He bought it about a year ago and he only drives it back and forth from our house to chemo treatments. My dad leaves the car in my garage as he does not live here he only comes here for doctor's visits. He actually lives in Cozumel, Mexico. Anyway, long story. But the vette is for sale now. It has less than 10,000 miles and has never been "abused". We have tried listing it in the newspaper and online with no calls.

What should we do?;shrug

On another note since the poll shows most Corvette buyers are in their 50's, then every Corvette owner should also have had their colonoscopy. A little too personal you say - no I think not. Please think about your family and make sure you get this test done.

talk about kids at heart

my father and his best friend are 62 yrs old,

back in 1966 they both went out and bought 66 chevelles
my fathers was marroon
his buddys blue

things happen, both cars get sold
all through the years neither one ever owns a vette, but every 4 years when it comes time to buy a new car he talks about it

his buddy lives in the same town, but for no particular reason they had not spoken much for a couple years (grumpy old men)

my father buys a monterey red 07 vette finally after all those years hes got it!

hes got his car parked in the driveway the first nice day in the spring of 07 (picked it up in november)

a le mans blue corvette pulls into his drive way, out climbs his buddy...

neither one knew the other was buying a vette

now they sit at each others garages looking at them most days *****ing and moaning cause the 08's got more horespower

Bought my first vette when I was 21- It was a 77 coupe. Just bought my second vette when I turned 50- A 2008 crystal red convertible with the 3lt package. Can't believe I waited so long!

Take one vote out of the 50-59 group and put it in the over 60 category,Turned 60 back in August.:D

New to Board - First Reply

Just bought 2007 Monterey Metallic Red Z51 and an lots of options. Some I probably have not even found yet.

I am 51.

Bought my first one in 1997 (a 1992) and drove it to 2006. Finally sold it with 215K miles. Yes, I drive mine everyday.:D

I just bought a 2009 atomic orange coupe with 2LT, two-tone cashmere int, Z51, 6 speed, and I paid invoice for it. Did I get a good deal on her?

I bought an 08 late last fall on Ebay .It was new but not the color I wanted .Metalic silver ,light gray int.,black top,3lt ,navagation,mag ride,npp exhaust,6sp.Payed 42 vs MSRP of almost 69,000.If I had ordered I would not have bought Navagation and Mag ride.I prefer more basics.

Enjoy yours,Atomic is a great color .If I see ya on the road i'll wave :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom