Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How Rare?

R

raggtopp

:w I've been wondering....:confused how many 94 C4's were built like my vette? I understand that Bowling Green does not keep track, or provide stats on how many vehicles were built with a given set of equipment. I've seen the production numbers for '94 and the closest I can come so far is 2,770 ( I have the black rag top), however, there obviously were a number of other colored vehicles that had a black rag top and two other colored tops besides my white ( 4,066 ) one. Has anyone come up with a way or formula to take the build sheet and the published production stats to generate a number of like equiped vehicles in a production run? ;shrug

:w I've been wondering....:confused how many 94 C4's were built like my vette? I understand that Bowling Green does not keep track, or provide stats on how many vehicles were built with a given set of equipment. I've seen the production numbers for '94 and the closest I can come so far is 2,770 ( I have the black rag top), however, there obviously were a number of other colored vehicles that had a black rag top and two other colored tops besides my white ( 4,066 ) one. Has anyone come up with a way or formula to take the build sheet and the published production stats to generate a number of like equiped vehicles in a production run? ;shrug

Hi raggtopp,

You're correct, Bowling Green doesn't keep records of every option sold on each individual Corvette. The recordkeeping would be staggering! :ugh

There is a method by which owners can estimate (or guestimate) the number of Corvettes produced like their own. It's called Extrapolation. Basically, it means taking what you know and guessing what you don't.:confused

Here is a link to a past thread I participated in where several of us got into the act of trying to help some other members extrapolate the number of Vettes produced like their's.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61246

And here is the CAC model page containing the production numbers for the 1994 Corvette.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c4/1994/94prod.html

Hope this helps - good luck with your search!

:w Jane Ann

Thank you Jane Ann! I finally got my vette a couple months ago. It's pretty basic it appears. Whatever the outcome, it will still be a small number. Wes :w

Thank you Jane Ann! I finally got my vette a couple months ago. It's pretty basic it appears. Whatever the outcome, it will still be a small number. Wes :w

Congrats on your Vette, Wes. My first was a 1994 Torch Red convertible with Black top and Black interior. She had the rear deck luggage rack, auto transmission, and it broke my heart to sell her! :cry

Enjoy your Corvette and let me know how your numbers turn out.
BTW - Welcome to the CAC!

:w Jane Ann

attachment.php

Thank you Jane Ann. I've run some numbers through. It appears to be in the neighborhood of 1:253. Though that is not a tiny number in vette speak, it sure is in the rest of the auto world. I don't see the torch red/black interior as an option, just the torch red. Not sure what's up with that yet. It looks very sharp. Off to Vettes at Carlisle. :Steer Wishing you a safe weekend! Thank you for your help! Wes :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom