Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! How to adjust shifter on 2008 C6

marcumrandy

Corvette
2008 Corvette
I recently replaced my radio on my C6 and had to remove the shift knob on the manual transmission. After I got it all back together, hard to get into 2nd and 4th gear. What can I do to fix? Never removed or disturbed shifter itself. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

The place to start is the shifter adjustment, but you will need the stock OEM shifter to do it. You will need to access the shifter box by removing the console surround around it. In the neutral position you loosen the shifter bolts and push the alignment pin in the front of the shifter into the shift rod and tighten down the bolts and pull the pin up and lock it into it's plastic holder. You can probably find a you tube video to help you by googling "C6 (or C5) shifter adjustment". Good luck with it. :)

The place to start is the shifter adjustment, but you will need the stock OEM shifter to do it. You will need to access the shifter box by removing the console surround around it. In the neutral position you loosen the shifter bolts and push the alignment pin in the front of the shifter into the shift rod and tighten down the bolts and pull the pin up and lock it into it's plastic holder. You can probably find a you tube video to help you by googling "C6 (or C5) shifter adjustment". Good luck with it. :)

Thanks!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom