Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How to build a wood body dolly?

kobi67

Corvette
1967 coupe, 1979 bought new.
Does anyone have the plans to build a wood body dolly for a C-2? I like the ones you can buy for $700 ($825 shipped) but, money may be saved to build my own.
Thanks, Kurt

Hi Kurt
I have built a wood dolly and I just used the GM chassis blueprint for my measurements. If you want I can draw something and e-mail or fax it to you.
Someone out there may have a better system than what I used. This was cheap and worked OK. Do you have to roll it around on grass or gravel, or will it only be on concrete? Uneven ground may warrant a stronger set up to help the body from flexing

take care
Tom

Tom. I suspect I will only be on hard surfaces. I have to get it up on a trailer to be blasted (remove paint), then back to a garage for painting. The main section under the bird cage will not be tough to make, it's the front end that may be a trick to support. Thanks, Kurt

Noland Adams Body Lift Workbook is available in the Store at www.NCRS.org.

NolandAdams-BodyLiftWorkbook.gif

$9.00 is what I paid. It includes plans and a material list for building a wooden dolly.

Kurt,

These drawings are probably barely legible but are what I used to build the body dolly shown below. They are from the NCRS CD and were in the Restorer in the mid 80's. I put it on jack stands to clean/work under the body.

IM001784.jpg

BodyDolley02.jpg

BodyDolley01.jpg

I would check the dimensions to the frame drawing. Sorry about the quality - it is the best I have and is what I used.

Dave
:beer

Dave, That looks easy to make... I wish I could read all the measurements. Could you email it to me??? Please and Thank you.. Kurt kkobusch@charter.net

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom