Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: How to Install Corvette Staples?

fine69

Corvette
'69 Convertible Vette; '72 Z28 Camaro Rally Sport
In doing the on-frame resto, I need to replace the front lower valance panel. I removed the panel by carefully removing material at the two bonding strips and purchased a Sermersheim replacement panel.

I also need the piece that is stapled to rear -- I BELIEVE it's called the valance panel seal.

My questions... How do you staple this to the valance? The staples are relatively large. Is there a special stapler used for the this purpose?

Any help is appreciated.

An old buddy dropped by yesterday... he said, "Wow your car really looks like sh*t!..." hehehe -- it's a slow process.

Ralph

My questions... How do you staple this to the valance? The staples are relatively large. Is there a special stapler used for the this purpose?

The plant used a huge air-operated Bostitch industrial stapler, fed by a large spool of wire.

Make your own staples from 16-ga. galvanized steel wire (blister-pack item from the hardware store); drill holes in the new panel using the holes in the body as a template, bend up your own staples, insert them, and bend them on one side while holding a dolly or hammer head against the other side.

:beer

...An old buddy dropped by yesterday... he said, "Wow your car really looks like sh*t!..." hehehe -- it's a slow process.

Ralph

I'd have answered him with a comment like "Have you seen supermodels without makeup? Yeah- they are scary too until they get themselves together!"

:chuckle

The plant used a huge air-operated Bostitch industrial stapler, fed by a large spool of wire.

Make your own staples from 16-ga. galvanized steel wire (blister-pack item from the hardware store); drill holes in the new panel using the holes in the body as a template, bend up your own staples, insert them, and bend them on one side while holding a dolly or hammer head against the other side.

:beer

Thanks John... very helpful info as usual!

I'd have answered him with a comment like "Have you seen supermodels without makeup? Yeah- they are scary too until they get themselves together!"

:chuckle

Aint that the truth! Vettes get ugleeee quick without the paint!

I have some staples that I removed to replace the rubber pieces in the front wheel wells. I going to try to use a small drill thru the old holes to pierce the rubber and then replace the staples back in. If that doesn't work, take a small thin piece of wood, drill holes that work with the staples alaignment, use the wood for pilot holes to drill thru the rubber and wheel well. Haven't tried it yet, so don't know how it works.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom